SJTU 2016 Undergraduate Programs
2016 Undergraduate Programs list.pdf
Program Duration: 4 years
1. Healthy, non-Chinese citizen, foreign visa holders with senior high school diploma (or above). Applicants under 18 years old should submit Guardian's Guarantee Statement;
2. The applicants of mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan who have immigrated to other countries must hold foreign visa or nationality certificate for 4 years or above, and in the last 4 years (before May 30, 2016) must actually have lived abroad more than 2 years (more than 9 months of residence abroad per year may be considered as one year).
1.Senior high school diploma or equivalent (Graduating students should provide an official statement as proof of graduation;
2.Official transcripts (or equivalent) from your high school, including courses taken;
3.If you apply for the undergraduate program of Chinese Language, a minimum requirement of HSK 4 (180 or above) is needed to prove your Chinese language proficiency;
4.Applicants applying for exemption from the entrance tests should provide relevant certificates (See "Exemption Requirements");
5.One photocopy of your passport and one passport-sized photo;
6.Application fee CNY 800 (approx.US$ 140);
7.Applicants under 18 years old should provide "Guardian's Guarantee Statement".
Application Method and Application Period
All of the applicants should apply online and upload the scanned application materials mentioned above before deadline. The Application website will be available from March 21, 2016.
|First period||March 21-March 31, 2016|
|Second period||April 18-April 27, 2016|
Note: Any unsuccessful application caused by personal reasons, the application fee will not be refunded.
1. Students will have to attend the corresponding exams organized by SJTU (according to the first choice of major).
2. Test Date & Place
|Test Date||Test Place|
|First Chance||April 09, 2016||Shanghai|
|Second Chance||May 07, 2016||Beijing, Seoul|
3. Test Time & Subjects
|Science||Liberal Arts||Test Time|
♦ All the tests are close-book, and in Chinese;
♦ Students applying for majors listed as "science" only need to choose two subjects from physics, Chemistry and Biology (for details about the test subjects, please see "2016 SJTU undergraduate programs & test subjects");
♦ Students applying for the majors listed as both "science" and "liberal arts" can choose the test category by themselves.
1. Students who wish to apply for exemption from the entrance should qualify the following requirements:
SAT I score above 1700
(1) Critical Reading≥500
(3) Math≥ 550
Received IB certificate.
Attend at least 3 HL and 3 SL courses. Courses that were taken must be related to the major you wish to apply. Total points ≥35,each course must ≥ 5
|Attend at least 3 A-level courses, must include Math and two relevant courses related to the major you wish to apply. Received grade A for at least two subjects.||Passed at least 3 AP courses, one of them must be related to the major you wish to apply.|
|Math & Science||
SAT I score above 1800
(1) Critical Reading≥450
(3) Math≥ 650
If you have taken the SAT II subject test before, please submit the score.
Received IB certificate.
Attend at least 3 HL and 3 SL courses. HL courses must include Math≥6.Courses that were taken must be related to the major you wish to apply. Total points≥36,each course must≥ 6
|Economics & Management||
SAT I score above 1800
(1) Critical Reading≥550；
(3) Math≥ 700
2. Students who wish to apply for exemption must provide certificate to prove their level of Chinese language skill, such as:
|Level of Chinese language requirement||
1. HSK level 5 ≥ 180;
1. Applicants who get sufficient scores in the Entrance Test will be accepted.
2. Applicants who satisfy the exemption requirements will be accepted.
3. Applicants who have various awards can get additional scores after the certification materials are approved by the university. Please take the original award certifications with you at the time of registration.
Excellent Students will be awarded the scholarships in the following form.
|Scholarship Types||Places||Scholarship Contents||Criteria|
Shanghai Government Scholarship for International Students-Class A（Full Scholarship）
Values of scholarship: covers tuition, living allowance (2,500 CNY per month), accommodation subsidy, insurance
♦ Applicants should be officially admitted by SJTU and not be awardees of other scholarships at the same time.
♦ Students who rank high in the entrance test will be awarded the corresponding types of scholarships.
♦ Students applying for exemption will also be awarded the corresponding types of scholarship with sufficient scores.
♦ Scholarship result will be announced together with the admission result.
♦ SJTU reserves the right of final explanation.
Shanghai Government Scholarship for International Students-Class B + living allowance
Values of scholarship: covers tuition, living allowance (1,400 CNY per month), insurance
Values of scholarship: covers accommodation subsidy (1,000 CNY per month) and living allowance (1,400 CNY per month),insurance
Shanghai Government Scholarship for International Students-Class B
Values of scholarship: covers tuition and insurance
Values of scholarship: only living allowance (1,400 CNY per month) , insurance
|Freshman Scholarship||20||One-time reward 5,000 yuan|
Term begins: in early September (the specific date will be informed on the admission letter)
Tuition: CNY 24,800
♦ Students applying for medical specialties should directly contact International Students Office of SJTU Medical School.
Tel: +86 21 63847078
Fax: +86 21 63841367
♦ Students applying for Mechanical Engineering and Electrical and Computer Engineering taught in English should directly contact UM-SJTU Joint Institute.
Tel: +86 21 34206045 ext. 3221
♦ Students applying for Mechanical Engineering & Automation, Information Engineering, and Thermal Energy & Power Engineering taught in French should directly contact SJTU-ParisTech Elite Institute of Technology.
Tel: +86 21 34207848
Mobil Phone: 13918781651