2019 SJTU Undergraduate Programs in Chinese for International Students
Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU), founded in 1896, enjoying a 122-year history and a world- wide reputation. SJTU has now become a comprehensive, research-oriented, and international top university in China. Today, SJTU has 64 undergraduates programs covering 9 major disciplines, including Economics, Management, Law, Literature, Science, Engineering, Agriculture, Medicine, and the Arts. According to Assessments of the Chinese Ministry of Education, three subjects (Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Clinical Medicine) rank Top 1; nine subjects rank Top 3, and fifteen subjects rank Top 15 in China.
4 Years（except for special programs）
Early Admission-November 1, 2018~December 20, 2018 (Beijing Time, GMT+8)
Deadline for Entrance Test-March 1, 2019 (Beijing Time, GMT+8)
Deadline for Regular Application-April 30, 2019 (Beijing Time, GMT+8)
Applicants must apply via SJTU online application system (http://apply.sjtu.edu.cn). Application system is only available within the application periods mentioned above.
1. Non-Chinese citizen, foreign passport holders, with senior high school diploma (or equivalent);
2. Applicants of Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan who have immigrated to other countries must hold a foreign passport or nationality certificate for at least 4 years, and in the last four years (before April 30, 2019) must actually have lived abroad more than 2 years (more than 9 months of residence abroad per year may be considered as one year).
1. Senior high school diploma or equivalent (2019 graduating students should provide an official statement from your high school as proof of graduation) ;
2. High school transcripts, including all courses taken;
3. Relevant international test scores recognized by SJTU (such as SAT/ACT/IB/GCE A -level or other equivalent certificates of national level high school graduation Exam or college entrance exam and etc.）; The following scores are only for your reference.
4. Chinese language certificate: HSK level 5 (≥180 scores) or above, or equivalent certificates recognized by SJTU;
5. English language certificate: TOEFL (iBT) – 80 or above, IELTS- 5.5 or above, or equivalent certificates recognized by SJTU;
6. Personal statement (in Chinses or English, with signature)
7. Recommendation letter (in Chinese or English, with signature);
8. Award certificates or other supportive materials;
1.Term NO. 1, 2, 3 in other languages must be notarized and translated in Chinese or English. The valid time for term No.3, 4, 5 is two years.
2. Applicants under 18 years old (until Sep. 1, 2019) should provide a Guardian's Letter of Guarantee. 监护人保证书.docx
3.Applicants who are not qualified with the Chinese language requirement but have excellent academic performance can choose to have one year of Chinese language study when completing the online application form. Once admitted, students will study Chinese language in assigned school for one year. Those who can finally pass HSK level 5 can be enrolled into undergraduate program.
Applicants who cannot provide the certificates listed in term NO. 3, 4, 5, can choose to take the entrance test instead.
1.Test Date: March 16, 2019
2.Test Center: Shanghai, Beijing, Harbin
3-1. Chinese (100 scores), English (100 scores), Math (100 scores)
3-2. Note: ①All the tests are closed-book, and in Chinese. ②Math test will be divided into two categories: Math of Science and Math of Liberal Arts. Applicants applying majors of Engineering, Science or Antai College need to take Math test of Science.
Chinese subject can be exempted if applicants meet the Chinese requirement mentioned above.
English subject can be exempted if applicants meet the English requirement mentioned above.
Applicants can choose the test subjects accordingly when filling the online application.
5. Test Certificate
Test certificate can be printed out in the application system after the applicants pass the qualification review.
6. Test Sample
Applicants who are qualified with the entrance requirements or have passed the entrance test can get into the interview. For details about the interview, please refer to the formal notice released at http://isc.sjtu.edu.cn or sent by email.
The admission decision is based on a comprehensive evaluation of both applicants’ academic and interview performance. Applicants can find their admission result via the application system within one month after the interview. Students should then pay tuition and confirm the enrollment in the next two weeks. The admission package will be sent to the admitted applicants at the end of June. SJTU will review all students’ original application materials on registration day and reserve the right to cancel students’ admission if there are any irregularities.
Excellent applicants have chance to win different kinds of scholarship, such as Chinese Government Scholarship, Shanghai Government Scholarship, SJTU Scholarship, and others.
Students applying for CGS should contact directly with the local Chinese Embassy or Consulate. The application time is usually from November 2018 to April 2019 (varied from country to country). When completing the scholarship application form, the applicant should select Shanghai Jiao Tong University as the first priority. We strongly suggest that students be admitted by SJTU before submitting CGS application.
Students applying for other scholarships can click the option “Apply for scholarship” when completing SJTU’s online application form, and will have chance to win the following scholarship:
In early September (the specific time will be informed on the admission letter)
Application Fee: CNY 800 (nonrefundable)
Tuition: CNY 24,800/Year
Insurance: CNY 800/Year (The relevant regulations by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China and the Management Regulations for International Student of SJTU require that all international students with study duration over 6 months should purchase the Group Comprehensive Insurance in Mainland China.)
Admission Office, International Student Center
Add: Room 100A, New Administration Building, 800 Dongchuan Road, 200240 Shanghai