Name: Peng ZHANG
Office: Room505, Materials Building F
Platform: Research Base of Introduce Talents
He is currently a professor of Materials Science and Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
He received his B.S. (Chemistry Physics) from University of Science and Technology of China and his M.E. degree (Materials Chemistry) from Shanghai Institute of Ceramics, Chinese Academy of Sciences. In 2007, he obtained his PhD degree from Chemistry of University of California at Davis, followed with a postdoctoral position at Chemical Engineering of University of California, Santa Barbara. He joined Shanghai Jiao Tong University in 2010.
His research interests focus on the design and synthesis of nanostructure materials for applications in catalysis, photoelectrochemistry, electrochemistry, and thermochemistry. Currently funded research projects include the development of environmentally friendly composite materials for applications in natural gas catalysis, solar electrochemical production of fuels and energy reservation.
1. “Highly coke resistant Mg-Ni/Al2O3 catalyst prepared through a novel magnesiothermic reduction for methane reforming catalysis with CO2: the unique role of Al-Ni intermetallics”，Xiaoqian Feng; Jing Liu, Peng Zhang, Qing Zhang; Luyang Xu; Liping Zhao; Xuefeng Song; Lian Gao, Nanoscale, 2019, 11, 1262-1272.
2. “Low-Weight 3D Al2O3 Network as an Artificial Layer to Stabilize Lithium Deposition” Tian, Ran; Feng, Xiaoqian; Duan, Huanan; Zhang, Peng; CHEMSUSCHEM , 11, 3243-3252, 2018
3. “Low-weight 3D Al2O3 network as an artificial layer to stabilize lithium deposition”, Ran Tian#; Xiaoqian Feng#; Huanan Duan*; Peng Zhang*; Hua Li; Hezhou Liu; Lian Gao, ChemSusChem, 2018, 10.1002/cssc.201801234.
4. “Enhanced Photoelectrochemical Performance of Planar p-Silicon by APCVD Deposition of Surface Mesoporous Hematite Coating” Shipu Li, Peng Zhang, Xiaofeng Xie, Xuefeng Song, Jing Liu, Liping Zhao, Han Chen, Lian Gao, Applied Catalysis B, 2017, 200, 372–377
5. “SiO2-Ag-SiO2 core/shell structure with a high density of Ag nanoparticles for CO oxidation catalysis”, Xiaoqian Feng, Hongmo Li, Qing Zhang, Peng Zhang*, Xuefeng Song, Jing Liu, Liping Zhao, Lian Gao*, Nanotechnology, 27 (2016) 455605
6. “Phyllosilicate evolved hierarchical Ni- and Cu-Ni/SiO2 nanocomposites for methane dry reforming catalysis” Tao Wu; Qing Zhang; Weiye Cai; Peng Zhang, Dr; Xuefeng Song, Dr; Zhuang Sun; Lian Gao, Applied Catalysis A, 2015, 503, 94–102
7. “Photoelectrochemical Hydrogen Production of TiO2 Passivated Pt/Si-Nanowire Composite Photocathode”, Shipu Li, Peng Zhang*, Xuefeng Song, Lian Gao*,ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2015, 7 (33), 18560-18565
8. “Micro- and Nanostructures of Photoelectrodes for Solar Driven Water Splitting” Peng Zhang, Lian Gao, Xuefeng Song, Jing Sun, Adv. Mater. 2015, 27, 562–568.
9. “Oriented Ti doped hematite thin film as active photoanodes synthesized by facile APCVD” Zhang, P.; Kleiman, A.; Hu, Y. and McFarland, E. et al. Energy & Environmental Science 2011, 4 (3), 1020 - 1028.
10. “Container effect in nanocasting synthesis of mesoporous metal oxides” Sun, X.; Shi. Y. Zhang, P.; and Stucky, G. et al. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2011, 133, 14542–14545.
1. Chemical Photoelectrocatalyst Discovery Using High-throughput Methods and Combinatorial Chemistry, “On Solar Hydrogen & Nanotechnology”, L.Vayssieres editor, Wiley (2009)
2. Metal oxides photocatalysts for hydrogen generation, for “Metal Oxides in Energy Technologies”, Elsvier (2018).
1. Research on Photocatalytic CO2 reduction based on novel Cu2ZnSnS4 thin film electrode (51172142)，National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC), 600,000 Yuan，2012.1-2015.12, PI.
2. The Study of Solar H2-Br2 Flow Battery Based on the Self-driven Photoelectrocatalysis of Nanostructured Tandem Photoelectrodes under Concentrated Solar Radiation (51672174), National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC), 620,000 Yuan, 2017.1-2020.12, PI.
3. High Through-put photoelectrocatalytic characterization system, MaGIC (Materials Genome Innovation Center), 350,000 Yuan, 2015.11-2017.12, PI.
4. High throughput preparation and characterization system for advanced metallic structure materials-High throughput structure characterization, Shanghai Materials Genome Institute, 2,100,000 Yuan, PI.
Honors & Awards
2011, Outstanding Staff of SMSE SJTU.
2014, “the most popular teacher” in Materials Science and Engineering, SJTU.
2014, 2nd prize in annual headmaster work assessment.
2015, 2nd prize in annual headmaster work assessment.
2014-2015, Third prize of “Outstanding Class Teacher of Shanghai Jiao Tong University”.
2015, Outstanding Staff of SMSE SJTU