Name: Shuangxi SONG
Title: Associate Professor
Office: Room 107，Material Building A
Platform: Institute of phase change and structure
Shanghai Jiao Tong University as a faculty member in School of Materials Science and Engineering.
1998—2005 finished bachelor’s and master’s degrees
School of Materials Science and Engineering in Shanghai Jiao Tong University,
2006—2009 PHD in Department of Materials Science and Engineering in The University of Tennessee at Knoxville in United States with advisory from Prof. T.G. Nieh on his dissertation
“Localized deformation in metallic glasses at room temperature”.School of Materials Science and Engineering
2006—2009 Visitor in Oak Ridge National Lab and had the opportunity to learn
about nanoindentation, atom probe, and focused ion beam technique
2010-11 joined Hysitron as an Application Scientist
2013-03 joined Shanghai Jiao Tong University as a faculty member in School of Materials Science and Engineering
2014 – 2016 Shanghai Pujiang Program – “Mechanical behavior of metallic glasses in nano-scale,” Principal Investigator
2015 – 2010 973 Project – “Ultra-high spatial and temporal resolution characterization of micro-structure in amorphous system,” Participator
2014 – 2019 973 Project – “Ultra-high spatial and temporal atomic scale resolution MeV electron diffraction and imaging system,” Participator
1. Song SX, Nieh TG, “Direct measurements of shear band propagation in metallic glasses - An overview”, Intermetallics, 19 (2011) 1968-1977 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.intermet.2011.06.018. Review Article. Cited 8.
2. Song SX, Wang XL, and Nieh TG, “Capturing shear band propagation in a Zr-based metallic glass using a high-speed camera,” Scripta Materialia, 62 (2010) 847-850. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.scriptamat.2010.02.017 Cited 25.
3. Song SX, Jang JSC, Huang JC, and Nieh TG, “Inhomogeneous to homogeneous transition in an Au-based metallic glass and its deformation maps,” Intermetallics, 18 (2010) 702-709. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.intermet.2009.11.009 Cited 4.
4. Chen HM, Huang JC, Song SX, Nieh TG, and Jang JSC, “Flow serration and shear band propagation in bulk metallic glasses,” Applied Physics Letters, 94 (2009) 141914. http://link.aip.org/link/doi/10.1063/1.3117508 Cited 32.
5. Song SX, and Nieh TG, “Flow serration and shear-band viscosity during inhomogeneous deformation of a Zr-based bulk metallic glass,” Intermetallics, 17 (2009) 762-767. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.intermet.2009.03.005 Cited 41.
6. Song SX, Lai YH, Huang JC, and Nieh TG, “Homogeneous deformation of Au-based metallic glass micropillars in compression at elevated temperatures,” Applied Physics Letters, 94 (2009) 061911. http://link.aip.org/link/doi/10.1063/1.3081111 Cited 8.
7. Song SX, Bei H, Wadsworth J, and Nieh TG, “Flow serration in a Zr-based bulk metallic glass in compression at low strain rates,” Intermetallics, 16 (2008) 813-818. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.intermet.2008.03.007 Cited 74.
8. Song SX, Jang JSC, and Nieh TG, “Analyses of shear band emission in a Mg-based bulk metallic glass deformed at different nanoindentation,” Intermetallics, 16 (2008) 676-681. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.intermet.2008.02.001 Cited 3.
Honors & Awards
1．Graduate Student Award for Excellence in Research, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, The University of Tennessee, USA, 2009.
2. Shanghai Pujiang Program, Science and Technology Commission of Shanghai Municipality, 2014