Name: Wenlong ZHANG
Title: Associate Professor
Office: Room 335, Material Building D
Platform: Institute of Composite Materials
Introduction1. Formation mechanism of pre-tension dependent fatigue life of alumina fiber reinforced aluminum matrix composites, supported by National Natural Science Foundation (No. 51171108).
2. Formation mechanism of high fatigue resistance of alumina fiber reinforced aluminum matrix composites, supported by National Natural Science Foundation (No. 50071031).
3. Simulation of sheet/pipe property difference and its formation mechanism of Microalloyed steels, supported by BAOSTEEL.
EDUCATION Harbin Institute of Technology
School of Materials Science and Engineering
Ph.D. of Engineering, Materials Science, July 1999
Shenyang 、University of Technology
College of Metallic Materials
Master of Engineering, Materials Science, July 1994
Shenyang University of Technology
College of Metallic Materials
Bachelor of Materials Science, July, 1988
Shanghai Jiao Tong University, State Key Lab of MMCs,
Postdoctoral Research, Sept. 1999 to Sept. 2001;
University of Southern California, USA.
Visiting Scholar, Sept.2005 to March 2006
Kyoto University, Japan.
Invited Associate professor, Oct. 2006 to Dec. 2006
work ¨ Sept. 1988 to July 1991, at Work on Heat Treatment Technology
EXPERIENCE in Shenyang Wusan Factory
¨September 1994 to July1996, at Work on Heat Treatment Technology
and Designing Induction Coils and Fixtures for Heat Treatment of
Workpieces in Shenyang Zhongjie Factory
Associate professor, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, September 2001 to this day, at Work on Fabrication, Microstructure,
Properties, Shaping and FEM simulation of MMCs
1. Fabrication, microstructure and mechanical property of metals and metal matrix composites
2. Simulation of deformation, forming, mechanical and physical properties of metals and metal matrix composites
1. W.-L. Zhang, D.-Z. Wang, Z.-K. Yao, and M.-Y. Gu. Influence of Deformation Temperature on Matrix Metal Flow and Whisker Reorientation in SiCw/6061 Aluminium Alloy Composite during Compressive Deformation. Materials Science and Technology. 17(3)2001:349-351
2. Wenlong Zhang, Mingyuan Gu et al. Tensile and fatigue response of alumina-fiber–reinforced aluminum matrix composite. Materials Science and Engineering A, 2003,A341: 9-17
3. Wenlong ZHANG, Dezun WANG, Zhongkai YAO, Mingyuan Gu. Microstructural Evolution in Cold-Rolled Squeeze-Cast SiCw/Al Composites during Annealing. Journal of Materials Science and Technology. 2004,20(3):318-322
4. W.L. Zhang, J.X. Wang, D.Z. Wang and M.Y. Gu. Compressive stress-strain response of directionally aligned SiCw/Al composite. Journal of Materials Science, 40(2005)6091-6097
5. Wenlong Zhang, Mu Zhang, Shojiro Ochiai, Mingyuan Gu. Experimental and simulation investigations of tensile response of (Al2O3f/Al)w/2024Al composite, Mater. Sci. Eng. A , 2008：497：44-50
6. Wenlong Zhang, Shan Li, Steven Nutt. Parametric Analysis of Tensile Properties of Bimodal Al Alloys by the Finite Element Method. Journal of Materials Science & Technology，2009,25(2):281-288
7. Wenlong Zhang, Zhiqiang Li and Di Zhang. Synthesizing AlN powder by mechanochemical reaction between aluminum and melamine. Journal of Materials Research , 2010,25(3): 464-470.
8. Wenlong Zhang, Dongyan Ding, Mingyuan Gu. Influence of Ni-P Coating on Fatigue Life of Al2O3/Al Composite Wire. Materials Science and Engineering A. 2010, 527A（26）： 7109-7114
9. Wenlong Zhang, Dongyan Ding, Mingyuan Gu. A Method for Predicting the Yield Strength Difference between Pipe and Plate of Low Carbon Microalloyed Steel. Metall. Mater. Trans. A，2012,43(13):5308-5315
Honors & Awards
“Study of Phosphate Treatment on steel at Room-Temperature”.
Excellent Paper of Metal Society of Liaoning Province (the third rank), 1990