Name: Xianhong HAN
Title: Associate Professor
Office: Room.302, JiaoSan Building
Platform: Institute of Forming Technology and Equipment
Mr. HAN Xianhong received his BS degree in Engineering Mechanics and Ph.D degree in Solid Mechanics, both from Dalian University of Technology. He joined the Institute of Forming Technology and Equipment (IFTE)...
Mr. HAN Xianhong received his BS degree in Engineering Mechanics and Ph.D degree in Solid Mechanics, both from Dalian University of Technology. He joined the Institute of Forming Technology and Equipment (IFTE) of Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU) in 2007, and was promoted to an associate professor in 2010. At the same year, he performed as a visiting scholar in Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH Zurich). He is also the Assistant to the Director of National Engineering Research Center of Die & Mold CAD, and the Secretary of Technology Committee for Shanghai Die & Mould Trade Association.
Dr. Han’s research focuses on the material processing engineering, particularly on the hot stamping process and polymer injection molding. The former is to develop the hot stamping technology for high strength steel, concerned about flow stress theory, yield criterion, heat transfer, phase transformation and simulation algorithm, etc. The later is to develop finite element modeling methods for both normal injection process and fluid (gas/water) assisted injection process, particularly considering the Rheology property (viscoealstic flow).
1. Numerical Simulation and Experimental Verification of the Filling Stage in Injection Molding. Polymer Engineering and Science, 2012, 52:42-51
2. Numerical Studies of Flow-Induced Defects in Aluminum Ingot Die Casting Process. Advanced Materials Research 2011, 239-242: 825-828.
3. Numerical modeling of viscoelastic flows using equal low-order finite elements, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering. 2010,199(9-12): 570-581.
4. An iterative pressure-stabilized fractional step algorithm in saturated soil dynamics, International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, 2010, 34, 733-753.
5. A numerical study of constitutive models endowed with Pom-Pom molecular attributes, Journal of Non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics. 2010, 165: 1480-1493.
6. Adaptive coupled arbitrary Lagrangian-Eulerian finite element and meshfree method for injection molding process. International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, 2008，73(8)：1153-1180.
7. A mixed finite element scheme for modelling of XPP viscoelastic flows. Acta Mechanica Sinica. 2008，24(6)：671-680
8. An iterative stabilized CNBS-CG scheme for incompressible non-isothermal non-Newtonian fluid flow. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 2007，50(5)：847-856.
1. NSFC Project: Study of heat transfer behavior for hot stamping of high strength steel and optimization of tools with cooling system, 2012-2014
2. NSFC Project: Numerical study of the filling process in gas-assisted injection molding with considering the viscoelastic property of the polymer flow. 2009-2011
Honors & Awards
Outstanding faculty of Shanghai Jiao Tong University in 2008 and 2011.