Name: Kolan Madhav Reddy
Title: Associate Professor
Office: SMSE building A, Room 107
Platform: Institute of phase change and structure
Structure and Properties of High Performance Ceramics, 2D Materials and Catalytic Materials.
1. K. Madhav Reddy, P. Liu, A. Hirata, T. Fujita, M.W. Chen, Atomic structure of amorphous shear bands in boron carbide, Nature Communications 4, 2483 (2013).
2. K. Madhav Reddy, J.J. Guo, Y. Shinoda, T. Fujita, A. Hirata, J. P. Singh, J.W.McCauley, M.W. Chen. Enhanced mechanical properties of nanocrystalline boron carbide by nanoporosity and interface phases. Nature Communications 3, 1052 (2012).
3. Qi An, K Madhav Reddy, J. Qian, Kevin J Hemker, M. W. Chen, Willam A. Goddard III, Nucleation of amorphous shear bands at nanotwins in boron suboxide (B6O), Nature communications 7, 11001 (2016).
4. Gi-Dong Sim, Jessica A. Krogstad, K Madhav Reddy, Kelvin Y. Xie, Timothy P. Weihs, Kevin J. Hemker, Nanotwinned Metal MEMS Films with Unprecedented Strength and Stability, Science Advances 3, e1700685 (2017).
5. Qi An, K Madhav Reddy, H Dong, M Chen, AR Ognav, William A. Goddard III, Nanotwinned boron suboxide: New ground of B6O, Nano Letters 16, 4236 (2016).
6. Qi An*, K. Madhav Reddy*, Kelvin Xie, Kevin Hemker, William A. Goddard III, New ground state crystal of elemental boron, Physical Review Letters 117, 088501 (2016) & 118, 089602 (2017) & 118, 159902 (2017) (*equal contribution).
7. K Madhav Reddy, Chawon Hwang, Metin Ornek, Steve L. Miller, William E. Mayo, R. A. Haber, Kevin J. Hemker, Observations of nanocrystalline cubic boron nitride formed with plasma spraying, Acta Materialia 116,115 (2016).
8. J. Guo*, K. Madhav Reddy*, A. Hirata, T. Fuijta, G. A. Gazonas, J. W. McCauley, M. W. Chen, Sample size induced brittle-to-ductile transition of single crystal aluminium nitride, Acta materialia 88, 252-259 (2015) (* equal contribution).
9. K. Madhav Reddy, T. N. Rao, J. Joardar, Studies on the stability of nanostructured W-C phases during carburization of WO3, Materials Chemistry and Physics 128, 121-126 (2011).
10. K. Madhav Reddy, Nitish Kumar, Bikramjit Basu, Innovative multi-stage spark plasma sintering to obtain strong and tough ultrafine-grained ceramics, Scripta Materialia 62, 435 (2010).
Honors & Awards
1. 'National Young Scientist Award (Dr R. L. Thakur Memorial Award)-2017' by Indian Ceramic Society, India
2. People’s Choice Award for Poster Presentation in Mach Conference 2014, Maryland USA
3. JCS Scholarship elected from Tohoku University in 2012, Japan4. Best Oral Presentation Award in Mettle 2007, NIT Trichy India