Name: Yuanfei HAN
Title: Research Assistant
Office: Room 408, Materials Building D#
Platform: Institute of Composite Materials
Dr Yuanfei Han is a researcher at Materials Science and Engineering in Shanghai Jiao Tong University. He received his Ph. D in Materials Processing, Northwestern Polytechnical University, in 2013 and worked as a visiting scholar at Monash University, Australia. After that, he joined the State Key Lab of Metal Matrix Composites and has been working as postdoc research fellow for 2 years. Currently, his research interests are focused on advanced processing technology for nonferrous alloys, especially on titanium alloys and titanium matrix composites, aiming to gain a better understanding of these materials and to explore their potential applications in engineering. He is also interested in the additive manufacturing process of titanium alloys.
2015.12-Now, School of Materials Science and Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU), Research Assistant
2013.07-2015.12, State Key Laboratory of Metal Matrix Composites,Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU), Postdoctoral Research Fellow
2012.03-2013.03, Monash Centre for Additive Manufacturing, ARC Centre of Excellence in Design in Light Metals, Monash University (MU), CSC joint-Ph.D
2009.09-2013.07, School of Materials Science and Engineering, Northwestern Polytechnical University (NPU), Ph. D
2007.09-2010.4, School of Materials Science and Engineering, Northwestern Polytechnical University (NPU), Master
2003.09-2007.4, School of Materials Science and Engineering, Taiyuan University of Science and Technology (TYUST), Double bachelor
Titanium alloys and Titanium matrix composite
Laser additive manufacturing (3D printing of metal)
Advanced processing technology for nonferrous alloys
(1) Juan Xiang, Yuanfei Han*, Guangfa Huang, Jianwen Le, Yue Chen, Lv Xiao, Weijie Lu. Microstructural Evolution in titanium matrix composite processed by multi-pass equal channel angular pressing, Journal of Materials Science, 2019, 54: 7931-7942.
(2) Juan Xiang, Yuanfei Han*, Jianwen Le, Guangfa Huang, Weijie Lu. Effect of temperature on microstructure on microstructure and mechanical properties of ECAPed (TiB+ La2O3)/Ti6AlV composites, Materials Characterization, 2018, 146: 149-158.
(3) Pinwang Liu, Yuanfei Han*, Peikun Qiu, Fushun Xu, Lihua Du, et al., Isothermal deformation and spheroidization mechanism of (TiB + La2O3)/Ti composites with different initial structures, Materials Characterization, 2018, 146: 15-24
(4) Xianglong Sun, Hong Li, Yuanfei Han*, Jiuxiao Li, Weijie Lu*，Compressive response and microstructural evolution of bimodal sized Particulates reinforced (TiB+La2O3)/Ti composites，Journal of Alloys and Compounds，2018, 732: 524-535
(5) Juan Xiang, Yuanfei Han*, Jiuxiao Li, et al. Microstructure characteristics of ECAP-processed (TiB+La2O3)/Ti-6Al-4V composites. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 2017, 726: 57-66.
(6) Xianglong Sun, Yuanfei Han*, S Cao, et al. Rapid in-situ reaction synthesis of novel TiC and carbon nanotubes reinforced titanium matrix composites. Journal of Materials Science & Technology, 2017, 33(10): 1165-1171
(6) Peikun Qiu, Hong Li, Xianglong Sun, Yuanfei Han*, et al, Reinforcements stimulated dynamic recrystallization behavior and tensile properties of extruded (TiB+TiC+La2O3)/Ti6Al4V composites, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 2017, 699: 874-881
(7) Hongqiang Duan, Yuanfei Han*, Weijie Lu, et al. Configuration design and fabrication of laminated titanium matrix composites. Materials & Design, 2016, 99: 219-224.
(8) Guangfa Huang, Xianglong Guo, Yuanfei Han*, Weijie Lu, et al. Effect of extrusion dies angle on the microstructure and properties of (TiB+TiC)/Ti6Al4V in situ titanium matrix composite, Materials Science and Engineering A, 2016, 667: 317-325.
(9) Hongqiang Duan, Yuanfei Han*, Weijie Lu, et al. Effect of solid carburization on surface microstructure and hardness of Ti-6Al-4V alloy and (TiB+ La2O3)/Ti-6Al-4V composite. Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China, 2016, 26(7): 1871-1877.
(10) Yuanfei Han*, Jiuxiao Li, Guangfa Huang, Yuting Lv, Xi Shao, Xianglong Guo, Weijie Lu. Effect of the number of ECAP passes on microstructure and mechanical properties of titanium matrix composite, Materials & Design, 2015, 75: 113-119.
(11) Yuanfei Han, Hongqiang Duan, Weijie Lu, et al. Fabrication and characterization of laminated Ti-(TiB+La2O3)/Ti composite, Progress in Natural Science: Materials International, 2015, 25: 453-459.
(12) Yuanfei Han, Wei Kuang, Xiaofang Yang, Jiuxiao Li, Weijie Lu*, Effect of La and B Addition on the microstructure and mechanical properties of titanium matrix composite, Rare Metal Materials and Engineering, 2016. 45(12): 3104-3107.
(13) Yuanfei Han*, Weidong Zeng, Xiaofang Yang, Weijie Lu, Quantitative analysis of the effect of α phase morphology on mechanical property of Ti-6Al-4V alloy during hot working process, International Journal of Modern Physics B, 2015. 29: 1-11
(14) Yuanfei Han, Weijie Lu, Tom Jarvis, John Shurvinton, Xinhua Wu, Investigation on the Microstructure of Direct Laser Additive Manufactured Ti6Al4V Alloy, Materials Research, 2015,18(1): 24-28
(15) Yuanfei Han, Weidong Zeng, Xuemin Zhang, et al. Modeling the relationship between hydrogen content and mechanical property of Ti600 alloy by using ANFIS. Applied Mathematical Modelling, 2013, 37 (8)5705~5714.
(16) Yuanfei Han, Weidong Zeng, Yunlian Qi, et al., The influence of thermomechanical processing on microstructural evolution of Ti600 titanium alloy. Materials Science & Engineering A. 2011, 528: 8410-8416.
(17) Yuanfei Han, Weidong Zeng, Yunlian Qi, et al., Optimization of forging process parameters of Ti600 alloy by using processing map. Materials Science & Engineering A, 2011, 529: 393-400.
(18) Yuanfei Han, Weidong. Zeng, Yu. Sun, et al., Prediction of the mechanical properties of forged Ti-10V-2Fe-3Al titanium alloy using FNN, Computational Materials Science, 2011, 50 (3): 1009-1015.
(19) Yuanfei Han, Weidong. Zeng, Yongqing Zhao, et al., A study on the prediction of mechanical properties of titanium alloy based on adaptive fuzzy-neural network, Materials & Design, 2011, 32 (6): 3354-3360.
(20) Yuanfei Han, Weidong Zeng, Yongqing Zhao, et al., Modeling of constitutive relationship of Ti-25V-15Cr-0.2Si alloy during hot deformation process by fuzzy-neural network, Materials & Design, 2010, 31: 4380-4385.
(21) Yuanfei Han, Weidong Zeng, Yongqing Zhao, et al., An ANFIS model for the prediction of flow stress of Ti600 alloy during hot deformation process, Computational Materials Science, 2011, 50 (7): 2273-2279.
(22) Yuanfei Han, Weidong Zeng, Yu Sun, et al., The development of a database system for operational use in the selection of titanium alloy. International Journal of Minerals, Metallurgy and Materials. 2011, 18 (4): 444-119.
(23) Guangfa Huang, Yuanfei Han, Xianglong Guo, Di Qiu, Weijie Lu, Effects of extrusion ratio on microstructural evolution and mechanical behavior of in situ synthesized Ti-6Al-4V composites, Materials Science & Engineering A, 2017, 688: 155-163
(24) Jiuxiao Li, Yuanfei Han, LiqiangWang, Liangyu Chen, and Weijie Lu，Enhanced ductility of in situ synthesized (TiB+ La2O3))/IMI834 composite by TRIPLEX heat treatment, Materials Transactions, 2016, 57(10): 1691-1697
(25) Xiaoyan Xu, Yuanfei Han, Changfu Li, Philip Nash, Damien Mangabhai, Weijie Lu, Flow behavior and processing map of forging commercial purity titanium powder compact, Journal of Materials Research, 2015, 30(8): 1056-1064.
(26) Xi Shao, Xianglong Guo, Yuanfei Han, Zhengjie Lin, Jining Qin, Weijie Lu. Preparation of TiNi films by diffusion technology and the study on formation sequence of the intermetallics in Ti-Ni systems. Journal of Materials Research, 2014.
(27) Xi Shao, Xianglong Guo, Yuanfei Han, Zhengjie Lin, Weijie Lu. Characterization of the diffusion bonding behavior of pure Ti and Ni with different surface roughness during hot pressing. Materials Design, 2014.
(1) 2019/01-2022/12, National Nature Science Foundation of China (No: 51501112), Title: “Superplastic deformation mechanism of in-situ micro-nano particulate reinforced titanium matrix composites”.
(2) 2016/01-2018/12, National Nature Science Foundation of China (No: 51501112), Title: “Fracture and damage behavior of tri-reinforced high temperature titanium matrix composites”.
(3) 2018/05-2021/04, National Key R&D Program of China, (No: 2018YFB1106403). Title: “High performance of components by using additive manufacturing”.
(4) 2018/03-2021/03, Aeronautical Science Foundation (No 20173625005). Title: ”Particulated Reinforced Titanium matrix composite”.
(5) 2014/01-2015/12, China Postdoctoral Science Special Foundation (No: 2015T80431), Title: “Fabrication and characterization of laminated Ti-(TiB+La2O3)/Ti titanium matrix composite”.
(6) 2013/07-2015/12, China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (No: 2014M550235), Title: “Research on the formation of ultrafine grains and strengthening mechanism of titanium matrix composite by using ECAP”
(7) 2013/07-2015/12. Shanghai Postdoctoral Sustentation Fund (No: 14R21410900), Title: “Severe plastic deformation on the microstructure and mechanical properties of TiB+La2O3/Ti composite”
(8) 2009/09-2013/06, Doctorate Foundation of Northwestern Polytechnical University (No: CX201105). Title: “Quantitative modeling the relationship among processing, microstructure and mechanical properties in titanium alloys.
(9) 2011/10-2013/06. The Ministry of Education Fund for Doctoral Students Newcomer Awards of China, Title: “Quantitative analysis of the microstructure of Ti6Al4V titanium alloy”
(10) 2004/09-2015/12, Fund of National Engineering and Research Center for Commercial Aircraft Manufacturing, Title: “Research on the additive manufacturing process and heat treatment of commercial Ti6Al4V titanium alloy”
(11) 2012/03-2013/03. National Construction of High Quality University Projects of Graduates, Title: “Experimental Investigation of the Microstructure of Direct Laser Fabricated Ti-6Al-4V Alloy”—Monash University
Honors & Awards
2018.10 “Chen Xing” outstanding teacher
2016.07, “Chen Xing” Scholar C# in Shanghai Jiao Tong University
2015.10, Shaanxi Provincial excellent doctoral thesis
2013.10, Excellent Graduate Ph. D