Name: Baode SUN
Office: Room 401, Material Building B
Platform: Institute of Solidification Science and Technology
Fundamental and applied aspects of liquid metal processing, i.e. molecular dynamic modelling of liquid metal structure, the manufacturing of ultra-purity Al and Al alloys using electromagnetic filtration...
1980.09-1984.07 Northwest Polytechnic University BS
1984.07-1987.09 Shanxi Institute of TechnologyLecturer
1987.09-1990.03 Northwest Polytechnic University MS
1990.03-1993.09 Northwest Polytechnic University PhD
1993.12-1995.11 Shanghai Jiaotong UniversityPost doctor
1995.12-1998.12 Shanghai Jiaotong UniversityAssociate Professor
1998.12- Shanghai Jiaotong UniversityProfessor
Fundamental and applied aspects of liquid metal processing, i.e. molecular dynamic modelling of liquid metal structure, the manufacturing of ultra-purity Al and Al alloys using electromagnetic filtration, and investment casting of large-size thin-wall structural components.
Selected Publications1. Da Shu, Baode Sun, J. Mi and P.S. Grant. A quantitative study of solute diffusion field effects on heterogeneous nucleation and the grain size of alloys. ActaMaterialia, 2011, 59: 2135-2144.
2. J.W. Gao, D. Shu, J. Wang, B.D. Sun*. Effects of Na2B4O7 on the elimination of iron from aluminum melt, ScriptaMaterialia, 2007, 57: 197-200
3. Baode Sun, HaiyanGao, Jun Wang, Da Shu. Strength of deformation processed Cu-Fe-Ag in situ composites, Materials Letters, 2007, 61(4-5): 1002-1006
4. Yanfeng Han, Da Shu, Jun Wang, Baode Sun*. Microstructure and grain refining performance of Al-5Ti-1B master alloy prepared under high-intensity ultrasound, Materials Science & Engineering A, 2006, 430(1-2): 326-331
5. Yanfeng Han, Yongbing Dai, Da Shu, Jun Wang, Baode Sun*. First-principles calculations on the stability of Al/TiB2 interface, Applied Physics Letters, 2006, 89(14): 144107
6. HaiyanGao, Jun Wang, Da Shu and Baode Sun*. Effect of Ag on the aging characteristics of Cu-Fe in situ composites, ScriptaMaterialia, 2006, 54(11): 1931-1935
7. Ruizhi Wu, Da Shu, Baode Sun*, Jun Wang, Fei Li, Haiyan Chen, YanLing Lu. Theoretical analysis and experimental study of spray degassing method, Materials Science & Engineering A, 2005, 408(1-2): 19-25
8. HaiyanGao, Jun Wang, Da Shu, Baode Sun*. Effect of Ag on the Microstructure and Properties of Cu-Fe in situ Composites, ScriptaMaterialia, 2005, 53(10): 1105-1109
9. Da Shu, Baode Sun*, Ke Li and Yaohe Zhou, Particle trajectories in aluminium melt flowing in a square channel under an alternating magnetic field generated by a solenoid, ScriptaMaterialia, 2003, 48(9): 1385-1390
10. M. Zhou, K. Li, D. Shu, B.D. Sun*, J. Wang. Corrosion resistance of enamels with high B2O3-P2O5 content to molten aluminum, Materials Science & Engineering A, 2003, A346: 116-121
More than 50 projects including 973, 863, natural science foundation and shanghai key research program.
Honors & Awards1. Second prize of the “National Science and Technology Invention Award” of China in 2006;
2. First prize of the “ Shanghai Science and Technology Progress Award” in 2005;
3. Chief Scientist of the National Basic Research Program of China in 2010;
4. Distinguished Young Scholar of National Science Foundation of China in 2008;
5. Yangtze River Scholar of Ministry of Education in 2007;
6. Shanghai Outstanding Post Doctor in 2005;
7. Shanghai Outstanding Academic Leader in 2003;
8. Cross-century Talents of the Ministry of Education PRC in 2002;
9. Shanghai Municipal Education Commission “SHUGUANG” Scholar in 2000.