Name: Guangyin YUAN
Office: Room 205, Material Building B
Platform: Light Alloy Net Forming National Engineering Research Center
School of Materials Science and Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong Univ.(SJTU)
Associate Professor (Dec.2001-Dec.2008)
School of Materials Science and Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong Univ.,
Japan Society for the Promotion of Science(JSPS) Research Fellowship, (Sep.2002-Sep.2004)
Inoue Lab, Institute of Materials Research, Tohoku Univeristy,Japan
Postdoctor fellowship in the School of Materials Science and Engineering,Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Mar.2000-Dec.2001).
Ph.D in Materials Processing and Engineering (Feb, 2000)
Dep. of Materials Science and Engineering, Southeast University, P.R.China.
Ordinary teaching at SJTU:
1. Engineering Materials for Senior students, since 2005.
2. Advanced Materials Fabricated by Non-equilibrium Solidification Process for graduate students, Since 2005.
PhD supervision finished: 2(Yong Liu, 2008, Jian Yin, 2010)
PhD supervision (current):4 (Song Zhang, Zhenhua Chu, Lin Mao, Hua Huang)
MSc students supervison finished: 4 (Haining Song, 2002, Jian
Zhang,2009, Xinping Zhang,2009, Jia Zhang,2010)
MSc students supervison(current): 3 (Yang Zong, Jian Tong, Jialin Niu)
1. Wenjiang Ding, Guangyin Yuan, Qudong Wang, et al, The Science and Technology of Magnesium Alloys, Science Press, Beijing, 2007.1(In Chinese)
2. Chunxi Yang, Guangyin Yuan, Jia Zhang, Ze Tang, Xiaoling Zhang, Kerong Dai,Effects of magnesium alloys extracts on adult human bone marrow-derived stromal cell viability and osteogenic differentiation, Biomed. Mater.5(2010) 045005.
3. J.Yin,G.Y.Yuan, W.J.Ding，Mg–Ni–(Gd,Nd) bulk metallic glasses with improved glass-forming ability and mechanical properties, J.Mater.Research, 2009, 24(6),2130.
4. Jian Yin, Guangyin Yuan, Zhenhua Chu, Jian Zhang, Wenjing Ding, Formation, microstructure and mechanical properties of in situ Mg-Ni-(Gd,Nd) bulk metallic glass composite, J.Mater.Research, 2009, 24（12）3603-3610. times cited:1
5. Jia Zhang, Yang Zong, Penghuai Fu, Guangyin Yuan, Wenjiang Ding, Application and development prospect of magnesium alloys as biomedical materials, Journal of Clinical Rehabilitative Tissue Engineering Research, 2009,13(29),5747.
6. J. Yin, G.Y. Yuan, P.F. Wang, J. Zhang, Z.H. Chu and W.J. Ding, Effects of the partial substitutional alloying elements on the crystallization behavior of Mg65Cu25Gd10 bulk metallic glasses: Ag versus Ni,Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 481（2009）407-410.
7. Liu, Y., Yuan, G., Lu, C., Ding, W., Jiang, J. The role of nanoquasicrystals on the ductility enhancement of as-extruded Mg-Zn-Gd alloy at elevated temperature ，Journal of Materials Science 43 (16),2008， pp. 5527-5533
8. Yong Liu, Guangyin Yuan, Song Zhang, Xinping Zhang, Chen Lu and Wenjiang Ding , Effects of Zn/Gd ratio and content of Zn,Gd on phase constitutions of Mg alloys, Materials Transactions49(5)(2008)941-944
9. Wu, G., Zeng, X., Yuan, G. Growth and corrosion of aluminum PVD-coating on AZ31 magnesium alloy， Materials Letters, 62(28),2008, p 4325-4327 times cited:5
10. Guangyin Yuan, Yong Liu, Chen Lu, Wenjiang Ding, Effect of quasicrystal and Laves phases on strength and ductility of as-extruded and heat treated Mg–Zn–Gd-based alloys, Materials Science and Engineering A (2008), 472(1-2), P.75-82. times cited:6
11. Guangyin Yuan, Yong Liu, Wenjiang Ding, Chen Lu, Effects of extrusion on the microstructure and mechanical properties of Mg-Zn-Gd alloy reinforced with quasicrystalline particles, Mater.Sci.& Eng.A, 2008, 474/1-2, p.348-354. times cited:6
12. Yong Liu, Guangyin Yuan, Wenjiang Ding and Cheng Lu，Deformation behavior of Mg-Zn-Gd-based alloys reinforced with Quasicrystal and Laves phases at elevated temperatures，J. Alloys and Compounds，427（2007）160-165. times cited:13
13. M.Zhang,W.Z.Zhang, G.Y.Yuan, Q.L.Zhao, Microstructure and precipitates in Mg-Zn-Y alloys, Materials Science Forum, 546-549(2007)203-206.
14. Yong Liu, Guangyin Yuan, Cheng Lu and Wenjiang Ding, Stable icosahedral phase in Mg-Zn-Gd alloy, Scripta Materialia, 55(2006)919-922. times cited:10
15. Guangyin Yuan, Hidemi Kato, Kenji Amiya and Akihisa Inoue, Excellent creep properties of Mg-Zn-Cu-Gd-based alloy strengthened by quasicrystals and Laves phases, J.Mater.Research, (2005) 20(5), 1278-1286. times cited:18
16. Guangyin Yuan, Cunling Qin, Akihisa Inoue, Mg-Based Bulk Glassy Alloys with High Strength above 900MPa and Plastic Strain，J. Mater. Research, (2005) 20(2),394-400. times cited:16
17. Guangyin Yuan, Kenji Amiya, Akihisa Inoue, Structural-relaxation, glass-forming ability and mechanical properties of Mg-Cu-Ni-Gd alloys, J.Non-Crystalline Solids, 351(8-9)(2005)729-735. times cited:19
18. Guangyin Yuan, Akihisa Inoue, The effect of Ni addition on the glass-forming ability and mechanical properties of Mg-Cu-Gd metallic glass alloys, J. Alloys and Compounds, (2005) 387(1-2),134-138. times cited:47
19. Guangyin Yuan, Kenji Amiya, Hidemi Kato, Structure and mechanical properties of cast quasicrystal-reinforced Mg-Zn-Al-Y base alloys. J.Mater.Research, (2004) 19(5),1531. times cited:5
20. Guangyin Yuan, Tao Zhang, Akihisa Inoue, Structure and Mechanical Properties of Mg85Cu5Zn5Y5 Amorphous Alloys Containing Nanoscale particles, Materials Letters, (2004) 58(24),3012-3016. times cited:6
21. Guangyin Yuan, Tao Zhang, Akihisa Inoue, Thermal Stability, Glass-Forming Ability and Mechanical Properties of Mg-Y-Zn-Cu Glassy Alloys. Materials Transactions, 2003,44(11),2271-2275. times cited:15
22. Yuan Guangyin, Liu Manping, Ding Wenjiang, Akihisa Inoue, Microstructure and mechanical properties of Mg-Zn-Si-based alloys, Mater. Sci.& Eng. (2003) A357(1-2),314-320. times cited:43
23. Yuan Guangyin, Liu Manping, Ding Wenjiang, Akihisa Inoue, Mechanical properties and microstructure of Mg-Al-Zn-Si-base alloy, Materials Transactions. (2003) 44(4),458-462.
24. Guangyin Yuan, Zili Liu, Yisuan Wang and Wenjiang Ding, Microstructure refinement of Mg alloys containing Mg2Si , Materials Letters (2002) 56,53-58. times cited:84
25. Manping Liu, Guangyin Yuan, Qudong Wang,etc.,Superplastic Behavior and Microstural Evolution of Commercial Mg-3Al-1Zn Magnesium Alloy, Materials Transactions,JIM, (2002) 43,2433-2436. times cited:6
26. Yuan Guangyin, Wang Qudong, Ding Wenjiang, High temperature deformation behavior of permanent casting AZ91 alloy with and without Sb addition. Journal of Materials Science. (2002) 37,127-132. times cited:19
27. Yuan Guangyin, Sun Yangshan, Ding Wenjiang, Effects of bismuth and antimony additions on the microstructure and mechanical properties of AZ91 magnesium alloy, Mater. Sci. & Eng. (2001) A308(1-2), 38-44. times cited:36
28. Yuan Guangyin , Sun Yangshan, Ding wenjiang, Effects of Sb addition on the microstructure and mechanical properties of AZ91 magnesium alloy, Scripta Mater. (2000) 43,1009-1013. times cited:64