Name: Guohua WU
Office: Room.213，Material Building B
Platform: Light Alloy Net Forming National Engineering Research Center
Prof. Guohua Wu (born 1964) is the shanghai subject chief scientist, China. He is the Assistant dean of School of Materials Science and Engineering of SJTU, deputy director of National Engineering Research Center of Light Alloy Net Forming...
Prof. Guohua Wu (born 1964) is the shanghai subject chief scientist, China. He is the Assistant dean of School of Materials Science and Engineering of SJTU, deputy director of National Engineering Research Center of Light Alloy Net Forming, the director of Shanghai Aerospace Advance Materials and Application Technology United Laboratory, and the director of Energy Field Materials Preparation Laboratory.
He is a vice chairman of National Magnesium Alloys and Application Technology Professional Committee of China. He is also the member of National Special Casting and Nonferrous Alloys Technical Committee, National Foundry Materials and Technology Professional Committee, and National Standardization Technology Committee. Prof. Wu is the member of editorial board of “Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China” journal, “China Foundry” journal, “Foundry” journal, “Special Casting and Nonferrous Alloys” journal and “Foundry Equipment and Technology” journal. Prof. Wu was supported by more than 40 important projects of China government and Shanghai city, including “Program of Shanghai Subject Chief Scientist”, “National Basic Research Program of China”,“National Key Technology R&D Program of China”, “National Natural Science Foundation of China”, “National High-tech Plan”, “National Aerospace Special Projects”, “National Aviation Special Projects”, “Aerospace Foundation of Shanghai”，etc. Prof. Wu has obtained 6 awards of national and provincial science and technology. He is the author and co-author of more than 150 articles on materials journals. He has also held 20 patents for industrial applications.
2005.09- Professor of Materials Science & Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
2005.03-2006.02 Visiting scientist of Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials science
2002.05-2005.08 Associate Professor of Materials Science & Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
2000.09-2002.04 Postdoc at Shanghai Jiao Tong University
1997.09-2000.08 Ph.Dstudent , Materials Science & Engineering, Huazhong University of Science & Technology
1988.02-1997.08 Associate Professor, Hefei University of Technology
1985.09-1988.01 Master student , Southeast University
1981.09-1985.08 Bachelor, Hefei University of Technology
High performance light alloys R&D
Liquid and semi-solid precise forming of light alloys
Energy field materials preparation
Melt treatment and green preparation of light alloys
(1) Guohua Wu, Yu Fan, HongtaoGao, ChunquanZhai, Yan Ping Zhu. The effect of Ca and RE on the microstructure, mechanical properties and corrosion behavior of AZ91D. Materials Science and Engineering A, 2005, 408(1-2): 255–263.
(2) Guohua Wu, HongtaoGao, Wenjiang Ding, Yanping Zhu. Study on mechanism of iron reduction in magnesium alloy melt. Journal of Materials Science, 2005, 40: 6175–6180.
(3) Guohua Wu, Yu Fan, Andrej Atrens, ChunquanZhai, Wenjiang Ding. Electrochemical behavior of magnesium alloys AZ91D, AZCe2 and AZLa1 in chloride and sulfate solutions. Journal of Applied Electrochemistry, 2008, 38: 251–257.
(4) Wei Wang, Guohua Wu, Qudong Wang, Yuguang Huang, Wenjiang Ding. Gd contents, mechanical and corrosion properties of Mg–10Gd–3Y–0.5Zr alloy purified by fluxes containing GdCl3 additions. Materials Science and Engineering A, 2009, 507: 207–214.
(5) Ming Sun, Guohua Wu, Wei Wang, Wenjiang Ding. Effect of Zr on the microstructure, mechanical properties and corrosion resistance of Mg–10Gd–3Y magnesium alloy.Materials Science and Engineering A, 2009, 523: 145–151.
(6) Ming Sun, Guohua Wu, Jichun Dai, Wei Wang, Wenjiang Ding. Grain refinement behavior of potassium fluozirconate (K2ZrF6) salts mixture introduced into Mg–10Gd–3Y magnesium alloy. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 2010, 494: 426–433.
(7) Guohua Wu, Wei Wang, Ming Sun, Qudong Wang, Wenjiang Ding. Influence of GdCl3 additions on purifying effectiveness and properties of Mg–10Gd–3Y–0.5Zr alloy. Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China, 2010, 20: 1177–1183.
(8) Liang Zhang, Guohua Wu, Zhanyi Cao, Wenjiang Ding. Effects of Ca content on the microstructure of semisolid Mg–13Al alloy produced via isothermal heat treatment. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 2012, 534: 52–58.
(9) Zhijie Liu, Guohua Wu, Wencai Liu, Pang Song, Wenjiang Ding. Microstructure, mechanical properties and fracture behavior of peak-aged Mg–4Y–2Nd–1Gd alloys under different aging conditions. Materials Science and Engineering A, 2013, 561: 303–311.
(10) Song Pang, Guohua Wu, Wencai Liu, Ming Sun, Yang Zhang, Zhijie Liu, Wenjiang Ding. Effect of cooling rate on microstructure and mechanical properties of sand-casting Mg–10Gd–3Y–0.5Zr magnesium alloy. Materials Science and Engineering A, 2013: 562: 152–160.
(1) Research on semisolid slurry and rheocasting of magnesium alloy prepared by electric current pulse, National natural science foundation of China, 2013.01–2016.12.
(2) Development of high-strength and heat-resistant magnesium alloys. National Aviation Special Projects, 2011.1-2013.12
(3) Magnesium alloy engine key materials and system integration. National High Technology R & D Program of China, 2010.1-2012.12
(4) Basic research on melt purification of magnesium alloy, National Basic Research Program of China, 2007.07–2011.08
(5) Research on Magnesium alloys melt processing technology. National Key Technology R&D Program of China, 2006.1-2008.12
(6) Key applied basic research on melt purification of high-strength heat-resistant Mg–Gd–Y magnesium alloy, Program of Shanghai Subject Chief Scientist, 2008.06–2008.12.
(7) Study on multiphase interface interaction and co-regulation mechanism of lost foam cast magnesium alloy, No. 50474005, National natural science foundation of China, 2005.01–2005.12.
Honors & Awards
(1) Study on Ignition-proof Magnesium Alloy and its Key Technology, Prize of the National Science and Technology Advancement of China, 2004.
(2) The Curriculum Reformation and Exploration of Materials Processing Principle, Prize of Excellect Teaching Achievement of Shanghai City, 2004.
(3) Study on High Strength Mg Alloy and its Application Technology, Prize of the Science and Technology Advancement of China, 2006.
(4) Development of High Performance Heat Resistance Mg alloy and its Application on Automobile, Prize of Technology Invention of Shanghai City, 2007.
(5) Purifying Flux of Mg RE Alloy and its Production Process, Prize of Excellect Patent of China Ministry of Education, 2008
(6) Study on High Strength Mg Alloy, Prize of Technological invention of Ministry of Education of China, 2009.
(7) Shape and property control of Mg-RE alloys and its application technology development, Prize of Technology Invention of Shanghai City, 2010.