Name: Shenmin ZHU
Office: Room 533, Material Building D
Platform: Institute of Composite Materials
Prof. Shenmin Zhu, received her Ph.D degree in Polymer science and engineering from Shanghai Jiao Tong University in 2001 (Supervisor: Prof. Deyue Yan). After completing PhD, she was awarded a Scholarship from Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS fellowship) to work at AIST, Japan from 2002 to 2004. In 2005, she moved to Shanghai Jiao Tong University as an associate professor in School of Materials Sciences and Engineering and is a Professor at present. She has published more than 90 papers with over 1200 times of citation.
Her current research interests involve: (1) designing and synthesizing bio-inspired functional materials and investigation their applications in water splitting and photocatalyst; (2) nanocomposite based on graphene or porous carbon and exploring its application (hydrogen production, lithium battery); (3) polymer matrix composite.
1. T. Lu, H. Pan, J. Ma, Y. Li, S. W. Bokhari, X. Jiang, S. Zhu*, D. Zhang. Cellulose nanocrystals/polyacrylamide composites of high sensitivity and cycling performance to gauge Humidity. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2017 (acsami.7b04590).
2. H. Pan, C. Zhu, Tao Lu, J. Lin, J. Ma, D. Zhang, S. Zhu*. A chiral smectic structure assembled from nanosheets and nanorods. Chemical Communications, 2017, 53: 1868-1871.
3. C. Zhu, S. Zhu*, K. Zhang, Z. Hui, H. Pan, Z. Chen, Y. Li, D. Zhang, D. Wang. Confined SnO2 quantum-dot clusters in graphene sheets as high-performance anodes for lithium-ion batteries. Scientific Reports 2016, 6: 25829.
4. Q. Yang, S. Zhu*, W. Peng, C. Yin, W. Wang, J. Gu, W. Zhang, J. Ma, T. Deng, C. Feng, D. Zhang*. Bioinspired fabrication of hierarchically structured, pH-tunable photonic crystals with unique transition. ACS Nano 2013, 7: 4911-4918.
5. W. Peng, S. Zhu*, W. Wang, W. Zhang, J. Gu, X. Hu, D. Zhang*, Z. Chen. 3D Network magnetophotonic crystals fabricated on morpho butterfly wing templates. Advanced Functional Materials, 2012, 22(10), 2072-2080
6. S. Zhu, H. Zhou*, M. Hibino, I. Honma, M. Ichihara. Synthesis of MnO2 nanoparticles confined in ordered mesoporous carbon using a sonochemical method. Advanced Functional Materials, 2005, 15, 381-386.
8. S. Zhu, H. Zhou*, T. Miyoshi, M. Hibino, I. Honma, M. Ichihara. Self-assembly of the mesoporous electrode material Li3Fe2(PO4)3 using a cationic surfactant as the template. Advanced Materials, 2004, 16, 2012-2017.
9. S. Zhu, D. Yan*. Atom transfer radical polymerization of methyl methacrylate catalyzed by Iron(II) chloride/isophthalic acid system. Macromolecules, 2000, 33, 8233-8238.
2005 Assembly of multifunctional polymer-inorganic composite with ordered nanopores formed in situ (NSFC)
2007 Fabrication of photonic structures from biological species (NSFC)
2010 Biomimetic fabrication of new materials with hierarchical structures for water splitting (NSFC)
2013 Hierarchically porous carbon and its application in energy and environment (Shanghai Key Project of Basic Research)
2016- Bioinspired fabrication of stimuli-responsive photonic crystals and study of its properties (NSFC)
2016- Catalytic materials based on micro/nano structured organic molecules (The National Key Research Foundation of China)
2017- Materials with high thermal conductivity based on graphene
Honors & Awards
2008, Program for New Century Excellent Talents in University of Ministry of Education of China;
2006, Program for Shanghai Pujiang Excellent Talents (Shanghai Science and Technology Committee)