Name: Huanan DUAN
Office: Room 423，Material Building D
Platform: State Key Lab of Metal Matrix Composites
I joined the School of Materials Science and Engineering, SJTU at the beginning of 2013, after 3 years as post-doctoral research associate in the Department of Materials Science and Engineering at Cornell University. I got my Ph. D. in Materials Science from Worcester Polytechnic Institute in 2009; I got my Master and Bachelor from Central South University in 2005 and 2002, respectively.
Solid electrolyte for lithium-ion batteries
Inorganic Thin-Film Ion Conductors
Electrochemical Energy Conversion and Storage Technologies
1. Hongpeng Zheng, Shaoping Wu, Ran Tian, Zhenming Xu, Hong Zhu, Huanan Duan*, Hezhou Liu, “Intrinsic lithiophilicity of Li-garnet-electrolytes enabling high-rate lithium cycling”, Adv. Funct. Mater. (2019) 1906189.
2. Huanan Duan*, Hongpeng Zheng, Ying Zhou, Biyi Xu, Hezhou Liu, “Stability of garnet-type Li ion conductors: An overview”, Solid State Ionics 318 (2018) 45-53.
3. Biyi Xu, Huanan Duan*, Hezhou Liu, Chang-An Wang, Shengwen Zhong, “Stabilization of garnet/liquid electrolyte interface using superbase additives for hybrid Li batteries”, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 9 (2017) 21077-21082.
4. Biyi Xu, Wenlong Li, Huanan Duan*, Haojing Wang, Yiping, Guo, Hua Li, Hezhou Liu, “Li3PO4 –added garnet-type Li6.5La3Zr1.5Ta0.5O12 for Li-dendrite suppression”, Journal of Power Sources 354 (2017) 68-73.
5. Wenhao Xia, Biyi Xu, Huanan Duan*, Xiaoyi Tang, Yiping Guo, Hongmei Kang, Hua Li, Hezhou Liu, “Reaction mechanisms of lithium garnet pellets in ambient air: the effect of humidity and CO2”, Journal of the American Ceramic Society (2017) 1-8.
6. Yutao Li, Biyi Xu, Henghui Xu, Huanan Duan, Xujie Lü, Sen Xin, Weidong Zhou, Leigang Xue, Gengtao Fu, Arumugam Manthiram, John B. Goodenough, “Hybrid polymer/garnet electrolyte with a small interfacial resistance for Li-ion batteries”, Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 56 (2017) 753-756. (IF: 11.994, Citation: 22) (ESI highly cited)
7. Wenhao Xia, Biyi Xu, Huanan Duan*, Yiping Guo, Hongmei Kang, Hua Li, Hezhou Liu, “Ionic conductivity and air stability of Al-doped Li7La3Zr2O12 sintered in alumina and Pt crucibles”, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 8 (2016) 5335-5342.
8. Biyi Xu, Huanan Duan*, Wenhao Xia, Yiping Guo, Hongmei Kang, Hua Li, Hezhou Liu, “Multistep sintering to synthesize fast lithium garnets”, Journal of Power Sources 302 (2016) 291-297.
9. Ran Tian, Ronghan Chen, Zhenming Xu, Songlin Wan, Lin Guan, Huanan Duan*, Hua Li, Hong Zhu, Di Sun, Hezhou Liu*, “Electrodeposition behavior of lithium metal on carbon substrates with surface silvering”, Carbon 152 (2019) 503-510.
10. Ran Tian, Huanan Duan*, Yiping Guo, Hua Li, Hezhou Liu*, “High-coulombic-efficiency carbon/Li clusters composite anode without pre-cycling or pre-lithiation”, Small 14 (2018) 1802226.
Study on the Control of the Two-phase Interface of Organic-Inorganic Composite Electrolyte and Its Lithium Ion Transport Characteristics, 2020.1-2023.12
Study on new NASICON structure lithium ion solid electrolyte and its composite film, 2019.9-2020.9
Li-C composite anode for high-energy-density Li-ion batteries, 2018.1-2019.12
Key materials for semi-solid-state Li-S secondary batteries, 2019.1-2022.12
Honors & Awards
Excellent young scientist of solid-state chemistry, 2017.12
Advisor award of excellent master dissertation, 2017.6
Excellent class adviser of SJTU, 2017.1
“Candle” award of SJTU, 2016.7
SMC-Morning star excellent young teacher award of SJTU (type B), 2014.12