Name: Xiaoqiu, DOU
Title: Assistant Professor
Office: Room 302, Material Building C
Platform: Advanced Materials Research Center
Sep. 2019-Present Assistant Professor, School of Materials Science & Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
Oct. 2015-Mar. 2019 Postdoctorate in University of Siegen, Germany
Prof. Holger Schönherr group (supported by a prestigious Alexander von Humboldt Foundation Postdoc Stipend)
Sep. 2009-Mar. 2015 Ph.D. in Materials Science and Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
Supervisor: Prof. Chuanliang Feng
Sep. 2005-Jun. 2009 Bachelor in Polymer Materials and Engineering, Ocean University of China, China
1. Stimuli-responsive supramolecular hydrogels for application in biomedical and biotechnology fields.
2. Chiral supramolecular assembly.
Selected Publications1. Xiaoqiu Dou, Nabila Mehwish, Changli Zhao, Jinying Liu, Chao Xing, Chuanliang Feng*. Supramolecular Hydrogels with Tunable Chirality for Promising Biomedical Applications. Accounts of Chemical Research DOI: 10.1021/acs.accounts.0c00012.
2. Xiaoqiu Dou, Chuanliang Feng*. Amino Acids and Peptide-based Supramolecular Hydrogels for Three-dimensional Cell Culture. Advanced Materials 2017, 29, 1604062.
3. Xiaoqiu Dou, Di Zhang*, Chuanliang Feng*, Lei Jiang. Bioinspired Hierarchical Surface Structure with Tunable Wettability for Regulating Bacteria Adhesion. ACS Nano 2015, 9, 10664-10672.
4. Xiaoqiu Dou, Beibei Wu, Jinying Liu, Changli Zhao, Minggao Qin, Zhimin Wang, Holger Schönherr*, Chuanliang Feng*. Effect of Chirality on Cell Spreading and Differentiation: From Chiral Molecules to Chiral Self-Assembly. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2019, 11, 38568-38577.
5. Xiaoqiu Dou*, Ping Li, Siyu Jiang, Haider Bayat, Holger Schönherr*. Bioinspired Hierarchically Structured Surfaces for Efficient Capture and Release of Circulating Tumor Cells. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2017, 9, 8508-8518.
6. Xiaoqiu Dou, Jia Zhang, Chuanliang Feng*. Biotin-avidin Based Universal Cell-matrix Interaction for Promoting Three-dimensional Cell Adhesion. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2015, 7, 20786-20792.
Honors & Awards1. The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation Postdoc Stipend, Germany, 2015
2. The Scholarship Award for Excellent Doctoral Student granted by Ministry of Education, China, 2012
3. Jürgen Springer Prize for Young Scientist in 25th Polychar 2017 World Forum on Advanced Materials”