Name: Lianghua XIONG
Title: Tenure-Track Associate Professor
Office: Room 303A Materials Building A
Platform: Institute of Solidification Science and Technology
IntroductionLianghua Xiong received his B.E. from Central South University in 2011 and his PhD from Zhejiang University in 2016, all of them in materials science and engineering. He finished his postdoctoral research at Missouri University of Science and Technology from 2016 to 2018, and Argonne National Laboratory from 2019 to 2021. He joined the faculty of the School of Materials Science and Technology in 2022. His main areas of research are the study of rapid solidification and phase transformation in metallic materials, with focus on the nucleation and growth and the phase behavior of advanced metals under extreme conditions.
2011 – 2016 Zhejiang University PhD
2007 – 2011 Central South University B.E.
2022 – present Shanghai Jiaotong Unviersity TTAP
2019 – 2021 Argonne National Laboratory Postdoctoral Appointee
2016 – 2018 Missouri University of Science and Technology Postdoctoral Fellow
Metal Additive Manufacturing, Synchrotron Studies of Metals
1. L.H. Xiong, A.C.P. Chuang, J. Thomas, T. Prost, E. White, I. Anderson, D. Singh, Defect and satellite characteristics of additive manufacturing metal powders, Advanced Powder Technology, 33, 103486 (2022).
2. Q.F. He, J.G. Wang, H.A. Chen, Z.Y. Ding, Z.Q. Zhou, L.H. Xiong, J.H. Luan, J.M. Pelletier, J.C. Qiao, Q. Wang, L.L. Fan, R. Yang, Q.S. Zeng, C.T. Liu, C.W. Pao, D.J. Srolovitz, Y. Yang, A highly distorted ultraelastic chemically complex Elinvar alloy, Nature, 602, 251-257 (2022).
3. L.H. Xiong, J.H. Cheng, A.C.P. Chuang, X.H. Hu, X. Sun, D. Singh, Synchrotron experiment and simulation studies of magnesium-steel interface manufactured by impact welding, Materials Science and Engineering: A., 813, 141023 (2021)
4. S. Bahl, L.H. Xiong, L.F. Allard, R.A. Michi, J.D. Poplawsky, A.C.P. Chuang, D. Singh, T.R. Watkins, D. Shin, J.A. Haynes, A. Shyam, Aging behavior and strengthening mechanisms of coarsening resistant metastable precipitates in an Al-Cu alloy, Materials & Design, 198, 109378 (2021).
5. S.M.H. Hojjatzadeh, N.D. Parab, Q.L. Guo, M.L. Qu, L.H. Xiong, C. Zhao, L.I. Escano, K. Fezzaa, W. Everhart, T. Sun, L.Y. Chen, Direct observation of pore formation mechanisms during LPBF additive manufacturing process and high energy density laser welding, International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, 153, 103555 (2020).
Honors & Awards
2022 Shanghai Leading Talents (Overseas)