Name: Qianjun HE
Office: Room 410B, Material Building A
Platform: Center of Hydrogen Science
Prof. Qianjun He currently focuses on the engineering and development of intelligent nanomaterials and nanomedicines for precision theranostics and gas therapy of major diseases.
- Jan 2022 ~ Present, Professor, PI, Chief of Lab of Hydrogen Medicine
Center of Hydrogen Science, School of Materials Science and Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China.
- Jul 2015 ~ Dec 2021, Professor, PI, Chief of Lab of Advanced Nanomedicine
School of Biomedical Engineering, Health Science Center, Shenzhen University, China.
- Nov 2014 ~ Jul 2015, Post-doc Research Fellow
National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering, National Institutes of Health, USA.
- Sep 2012 ~ Sep 2014, Marie Curie Fellow
School of Chemistry, University of Leeds, United Kingdom.
- Jul 2010 ~ Sep 2012, Assistant Professor
State Key Lab of High Performance Ceramics and Superfine Microstructure, Shanghai Institute of Ceramics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China.
- Sep 2007 ~ Jul 2010, Ph.D. (Supervisor: Prof. Jianlin Shi)
- State Key Lab of High Performance Ceramics and Superfine Microstructure, Shanghai Institute of Ceramics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China.
Sep 2000 ~ Jul 2007, B.Sc. and M.Sc. (Supervisor: Prof. Zhi-Liang Huang)
Materials Science & Engineering Department, Wuhan Institute of Technology, China.
Hydrogen Medicine; Intelligent Nanomedicines for Precision Gas Therapy of Cancers, Neurodegenerative Diseases, Metabolic Diseases, Cardiovascular Diseases, Tissue Engineering, etc.; Biological Effects and Mechanisms of Therapeutic Gases
1. Jin Meng,# Zhaokui Jin,# Penghe Zhao, Bin Zhao, Mingjian Fan, Qianjun He*, A multistage assembly/disassembly strategy for tumor-targeted CO delivery, Science Advances, 2020, 6, eaba1362.
2. Bin Zhao,# Yingshuai Wang,# Xianxian Yao, Danyang Chen, Mingjian Fan, Zhaokui Jin, Qianjun He*, Photocatalysis-mediated drug-free sustainable cancer therapy using nanocatalyst, Nature Communications, 2021, 12, 1345.
3. Penghe Zhao,# Zhaokui Jin,# Qian Chen, Tian Yang, Danyang Chen, Jin Meng, Xifeng Lu, Zhen Gu*, Qianjun He*, Local generation of hydrogen for enhanced photothermal therapy, Nature Communications, 2018, 9, 4241.
4. Wanjun Gong, Lingdong Jiang, Yanxia Zhu, Mengna Jiang, Danyang Chen, Zhaokui Jin, Shucun Qin, Zhiqiang Yu*, Qianjun He*, An activity-based ratiometric fluorescent probe for in vivo real-time imaging of hydrogen molecules, Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2022, e202114594.
5. Danyang Chen,# Zhaokui Jin,# Bin Zhao, Yingshuai Wang, Qianjun He*, MBene as a theranostic nanoplatform for photocontrolled intratumoral retention and drug release, Advanced Materials, 2021, 33, 2008089.
6. Yangsen Xu,# Mingjian Fan,# Wenjuan Yang, Yonghao Xiao, Lingting Zeng, Xiao Wu, Qinghua Xu, Chenliang Su*, Qianjun He*, Homogenous carbon/potassium-incorporation strategy for synthesizing red polymeric carbon nitride capable of near-infrared-photocatalytic H2 production, Advanced Materials, 2021, 33, 2101455.
7. Bo Yu, Dalong Ni, Zachary T. Rosenkrans, Todd E. Barnhart, Hao Wei, Carolina A. Ferreira, Xiaoli Lan, Jonathan W. Engle, Qianjun He*, Faquan Yu, and Weibo Cai*, A “missile-detonation” strategy to precisely supply and efficiently amplify Cerenkov radiation energy for cancer theranostics, Advanced Materials, 2019, 31, 1904894.
8. Bo Yu,# Shreya Goel,# Dalong Ni, Paul A. Ellison, Cerise M. Siamof, Dawei Jiang, Liang Cheng, Lei Kang, Faquan Yu, Zhuang Liu, Todd E. Barnhart, Qianjun He*, Han Zhang*, Weibo Cai*, Reassembly of 89Zr-labeled cancer cell membranes into multicompartment membrane-derived liposomes for PET-trackable tumor-targeted theranostics, Advanced Materials, 2018, 30, 1704934.
9. Wenwen Chen, Shaohua Zhang, Yangyang Yu, Huisheng Zhang, Qianjun He*, Structural-engineering rationales of gold nanoparticles for cancer theranostics, Advanced Materials, 2016, 28, 8567.
10. Qianjun He, D. O. Kiesewetter, Y. Qu, X. Fu, J. Fan, P. Huang, Y. Liu, G. Zhu, Y. Liu, Z. Qian,* X. Chen,* NIR-responsive on-demand release of CO from metal carbonyl-caged graphene oxide nanomedicine, Advanced Materials, 2015, 27, 6741. (Front Cover)
11. Qianjun He,* Jianlin Shi,* MSN anti-cancer nanomedicines: Chemotherapy enhancement, overcoming of drug resistance and metastasis inhibition, Advanced Materials, 2014, 26, 391.
12. Qianjun He* #, Shengrong Guo#, Zhiyong Qian*, Xiaoyuan Chen*, Development of individualized anti-metastasis strategies by engineering nanomedicines, Chemical Society Reviews, 2015, 44, 6258–6286.
13. Xiang Ling,# Zhaokui Jin, # Qi Jiang, Xiaotao Wang, Bin Wei, Zhongchang Wang, Yangsen Xu, Tianye Cao, Jonathan W. Engle, Weibo Cai, Chenliang Su*, Qianjun He*, Engineering biocompatible TeSex nano-alloys as a versatile theranostic nanoplatform, National Science Review, 2021, 8, nwaa156.
14. Yingshuai Wang,# Tian Yang,# Qianjun He*, Strategies for engineering advanced nanomedicines for gas therapy of cancer, National Science Review, 2020, 7, 1485.
15. Bo Yu, Hao Wei, Qianjun He*, Carolina A. Ferreira, Christopher J. Kutyreff, Dalong Ni, Zachary T. Rosenkrans, Liang Cheng, Faquan Yu, Jonathan W. Engle, Xiaoli Lan*, Weibo Cai*, Efficient uptake of 177Lu-porphyrin-PEG nanocomplexes by tumor mitochondria for multimodal-imaging-guided combination therapy, Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2018, 57, 218.
4 ongoing research projects including 2 National Natural Science Foundation of China; >10 research projects completed
Honors & Awards
1. World’s Top 2% Scientists 2020, 2021
2. 2018 Highly Cited Researcher
3 2018 Science Stars of China
4. 2017 Universal Scientific Education and Research Network (USERN) Prize
5. 2015 Leading Scholar of Shenzhen University
6. 2015 “Peacock Plan” or Oversea High-Caliber Personnel (Level B)
7. 2012 Marie Curie International Incoming Fellowship
8. 2012 "LU JiaXi" Youth Talent Award of Chinese Academy of Sciences (Top 50)
9. 2011 Top-Class President Award of Chinese Academy of Sciences (Top 40)
10. 2011 Top 100 Excellent PhD Thesis Award of CAS (1%)