Name: Jianbo WU
Office: Room 311, Material Building H
Platform: Institute of Composite Materials
Jianbo Wu is a Professor in the State Key Laboratory of Metal Matrix Composites, School of Materials Science and Engineering at Shanghai Jiao Tong University. He received his Ph.D. degree in Chemical Engineering from University of Rochester in 2012, his MS degree in 2007 and BE degree in 2005 both in Materials Science and Engineering from Zhejiang University. His current research focuses on facet and composition controlled nanocrystals, fuel cell electrocatalysts, functional materials for energy and environmental applications, and in situ TEM characterization to understand the catalysts formation, catalysts evolution and degradation behaviors during catalysis.
*Shape-controlled nanocrystals, PEM Fuel Cell, electrocatalysis, functional materials for energy and environmental applications
*in situ TEM characterization to understand the catalysts formation, catalysts evolution and degradation behaviors during catalysis including thermal catalysis, electrocatalysis, and photo(electro)catalysis
(1) T. He,† W. Wang,† F. Shi,† X. Yang, X. Li, J. Wu,* Y. Yin,* M. Jin*, “Mastering the surface strain of Pt catalysts for efficient electrocatalysis” Nature, 2021, 598, 76–81.
(2) Yiming Zhu,† Jiaheng Peng,† Xiaorong Zhu,† Lingzheng Bu,* Qi Shao, Chih-Wen Pao, Zhiwei Hu, Yafei Li,* J. Wu,* Xiaoqing Huang* “A Large-scalable, Surfactant-free and Ultrastable Ru-doped Pt3Co Oxygen Reduction Reaction”, Nano Letters, 2021, 21, 6625-6632.
(3) Y. Feng#, Z. Zhao#, F. Li#, L. Bu*, Q. Shao, L. Li, J. Wu*, X. Zhu, G. Lu, X. Huang*, “Highly Surface-Distorted Pt Superstructures for Multifunctional Electrocatalysis”, Nano Letters, 2021, 21, 5075–5082.
(4) F. Shi, J. Peng, F. Li, N. Qian, H. Shan, P. Tao, C. Song, W. Shang, T. Deng, H. Zhang, J. Wu*, “Design of Highly Durable Core-shell Catalysts by Controlling Shell Distribution Guided by In-Situ Corrosion Study”, Advanced Materials, 2021, 33, 202101511.
(5) T. He, W. Wang, X. Yang, F. Shi, Z. Ye, Y. Zheng, F. Li, J. Wu*, Y. Yin*, M. Jin*, “Deposition of Atomically Thin Pt Shells on Amorphous Palladium Phosphide Cores for Enhancing the Electrocatalytic Durability”, ACS Nano, 2021, 15, 4, 7348–7356.
(6) F. Li, Y. Zong, Y. Ma, W. Shang, P. Tao, C. Song, T. Deng, H. Zhu*, J. Wu* “Atomistic Imaging of Competition between Surface Diffusion and Phase Transition During the Intermetallic Formation of Faceted Particles”, ACS Nano, 2021, 15, 3, 5284–5293.
(7) A. Nairan,‡ C. Liang,‡ S. Chiang, Y. Wu, P. Zou, U. Khan, W. Liu, F. Kang, S. Guo, J. Wu,* C. Yang,* “Proton Selective Adsorption on Pt-Ni Nano-thorn Array Electrodes for Superior Hydrogen Evolution Activity”, Energy & Environmental Science, 2021, 14, 1594-1601.
(8) Z. He, L. Chang, Y. Lin, F. Shi, Z. Li, J. Wang, Y. Li, R. Wang, Q. Chen, Y. Lu, Q. Zhang, L. Gu, Y. Ni, J. W. Liu*, J. Wu*, S. H. Yu*, “Real-time visualization of solid-phase ion migration kinetics on nanowire monolayer”, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2020, 142, 17, 7968-7975.
(9) F. Shi, W. Gao, H. Shan, F. Li, Y. Xiong, J. Peng, Q. Xiang, W. Chen, P. Tao, C. Song, W. Shang, T. Deng, H. Zhu, H. Zhang*, D. Yang, X. Pan*, J. Wu* “Strain-Induced Corrosion Kinetics at Nanoscale Revealed in Liquid: Enabling Control of Corrosion Dynamics of Electrocatalysis”, Chem, 2020, 6, 1-15.
(10) S. Bai,†, F. Liu,†, F. Li, H. Lin, Y. Xu,*, Q. Shao, J. Wu,* X. Huang*, “Direct methane conversion to methanol under mild condition on single-atoms Rh-CeO2 nanowires”, Nature Communications, 2020, 11, 954.
(11) L. Wang, W. Chen, D. Zhang, Y. Du, R. Amal, S. Qiao*, J. Wu*, Z. Yin*, “Surface strategies for catalytic CO2 reduction: from two-dimensional to nanoclusters to single atoms”, Chemical Society Reviews, 2019, 48, 5310-5349.
(12) W. Chen, Y. Ma, F. Li, L. Pan, W. Gao, Q. Xiang, S. Wen, C. Song, P. Tao, H. Zhu, X. Pan, T. Deng, J. Wu*, “Strong Electronic Interaction of Amorphous Fe2O3 Nanosheets with Single Atom Pt towards Enhanced Carbon Monoxide Oxidation”, Advanced Functional Materials, 2019, 29, (42), 1904278.
(13) C. Lu†, Y. Ma†, F. Li, H. Zhu, X. Zeng, W. Ding, J. Wu*, Tao Deng, Jianxin Zou* “Visualization of Fast “hydrogen pump” in core-shell nanostructured Mg@Pt through Hydrogen stabilized Mg3Pt”, Journal of Materials Chemistry, A 2019, 7, 14629-14637.
(14) F. Shi,† J. He,† B. Zhang, Y. Ma, W. Chen, F. Li, Y. Qin, Y. Liu, W. Shang, P. Tao, C. Song, T. Deng, X. Qian,* J. Ye*, J. Wu* “Plasmonic Enhanced Oxygen Reduction Reaction of Silver/Graphene Electrocatalysts”, Nano Letters, 2019, 19，1371–1378.
(15) W. Gao, P. Tieu, C. Addiego, Y. Ma, J. Wu*, X. Pan*, “Probing the dynamics of nanoparticle formation from a precursor at atomic resolution”, Science Advances, 2019, 5, 1, eaau9590.
(16) X Gu, H Shan, W. Chen, C. Song, P. Tao, W. Shang, T. Deng*, J. Wu*, “Boosting Electrocatalysis of Oxygen Reduction Reaction through Photovoltaic-driven Potential Manipulation Strategy”, Materials Today Energy, 2018, 10, 34-39.
(17) Q. Xiang, F. Li, W. Chen, Y. Ma, Y. Wu, X. Gu, Y. Qin, P. Tao, C. Song, W. Shang, H. Zhu*, T. Deng*, J. Wu*, “In-Situ Vertical Growth of Fe-Ni Layered Double Hydroxide Arrays on Fe-Ni Alloy Foil: Interfacial Layer Enhanced Electrocatalyst with Small Overpotential for Oxygen Evolution Reaction”, ACS Energy Letters, 2018, 2018, 3, 2357–2365 (Selected as Top 5 Most Read Articles).
(18) W. Chen,† W. Gao,† P. Tu, T. Robert, Y. Ma, H. Shan, X. Gu, W. Shang, P. Tao, C. Song, T. Deng, H. Zhu,* X. Pan,* H. Yang, J. Wu*, “Neighboring Pt Atom Sites in Ultrathin FePt Nanosheet for Efficient and Highly CO-tolerant Oxygen Reduction Reaction”, Nano Letters, 2018, 18, 5905-5912 (Selected as Top 5 Most Read Articles).
(19) Y. Wu, F. Li, W. Chen, Q. Xiang, Y. Ma, H. Zhu*, P. Tao, C. Song, W. Shang, T. Deng, J. Wu*, “Coupling Interface Constructions of MoS2/Fe5Ni4S8 Heterostructures for Efficient Electrochemical Water Splitting”, Advanced Materials, 2018, 30, 1803151.
(20) H. Shan#, W. Gao#, Y. Xiong, F. Shi, Y. Yan, Y. Ma, W. Shang, P. Tao, C. Song, T. Deng, H. Zhang*, D. Yang, X. Pan*, J. Wu*, “Nanoscale Kinetics of Asymmetrical Corrosion in Core-shell Nanoparticles” Nature Communications, 2018, 9, 1011.
(21) Y. Ma#, W. Gao#, H. Shan, W. Chen, W. Shang, P. Tao, C. Song, C. Addiego, T. Deng, X. Pan*, J. Wu* “Platinum-based Nanowires as Active Catalysts towards Oxygen Reduction Reaction: In Situ Observation of Surface Diffusion-assisted Solid State Oriented Attachment”, Advanced Materials, 2017, 29, 1703460.
(22) J. Wu,† W. Gao,† H. Yang,* J. Zuo,* “Dissolution Kinetics of Oxidative Etching of Cubic and Icosahedral Platinum Nanoparticles Revealed by in Situ Liquid Transmission Electron Microscopy”, ACS Nano, 2017, 11, 1696–1703.
(23) Y. Xiong,† H. Shan,† Z. Zhou,† Y. Yan, Y. Liu, H. Tian,* J. Wu,* H. Zhang,* D. Yang, “Tuning Surface Structure and Strain in Pd-Pt Core-Shell Nanocrystals for Enhanced Electrocatalytic Oxygen Reduction”, Small, 2017, 13, 1603423 (inside front cover).
(24)Y. Yan, H. Shan, G. Li, F. Xiao, Y. Jiang, Y. Yan, C. Jin, H. Zhang*, J. Wu*, D. Yang*, “Epitaxial Growth of Multimetallic Pd@PtM (M = Ni, Rh, Ru) Nanosheets Realized by in situ-Produced CO from Interfacial Catalytic Reactions”, Nano Letters, 2016, 16, 7999-8004.
(25) J. Wu,* H. Shan, W. Chen, X. Gu, P. Tao, C. Song, W. Shang, T. Deng,* “In Situ Environmental TEM in Imaging Gas and Liquid Phase Chemical Reactions for Materials Research”, Advanced Materials, 2016, 28, 9686-9712.
(26) T. Bian, H. Zhang*, Y. Jiang, C. Jin, J. Wu*, H. Yang*, D. Yang, “Epitaxial growth of twinned Au-Pt core-shell star-shaped decahedra as highly durable electrocatalyst”, Nano Letters, 2015, 15, 7808-7815.
(27) J. Wu, W. Gao, J. Wen, D. J. Miller, P.Lu, J. Zuo, H. Yang, “Growth of Au on Pt icosahedral nanoparticles revealed by low-dose in situ TEM”, Nano Letters, 2015, 15, 2711–2715.