Name: Dingbang XIONG
Office: Room 425, Material Building D
Platform: Institute of Composite Materials
Biomimetic Structural and Functional Composites: Fabrication of composites with fine microstructures of natural materials for applications in structural and functional materials.
2012.07-Present: Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Professor
2010.04-2012.06: Kyoto University (Japan), JSPS Fellow
2007.08-2010.01: Marburg University (Germany), Humboldt Fellow
2002.09-2007.07: Shanghai Institute of Ceramics-CAS, PhD candidate
1998.09-2002.07: Chinese University of Geoscience, Bachelor
Research InterestsBiomimetic Structural and Functional Composites: Fabrication of composites with fine microstructures of natural materials for applications in structural and functional materials.
1. D.B. Xiong, N.L. Okamoto, T. Waki, Y.F. Zhao, K. Kishida, H. Inui: High-TC Ferromagnetic Semiconductor-like Behavior and Unusual Electrical Properties in Compounds with a 2 × 2 × 2 Superstructure of the Half-Heusler Phase, Chemistry – A European Journal, 18, 2536-2542, 2012.
2. D.B. Xiong, N.L. Okamoto, H. Inui: Planar Symmetry Incompatibility in Ru-Sn-Zn Pseudo-Decagonal Approximants Composed of Novel Pentagonal Antiprisms, Inorganic Chemistry, 50, 827-835, 2011.
3. D.B. Xiong, Y.F. Zhao, W. Schnelle, N.L. Okamoto, H. Inui: Complex Alloys Containing Double-Mackay Clusters and (Sb1–δZnδ)24 Snub Cubes Filled with Highly Disordered Zinc Aggregates: Synthesis, Structures and Physical Properties of Ruthenium Zinc Antimonides, Inorganic Chemistry,49, 10788-10797, 2010.
4. D.B. Xiong, Y.F. Zhao, N.L. Okamoto, C. Pietzonka, T. Waki, H. Inui: Ru9Zn7Sb8: A structure with 2 × 2 × 2 supercell of Half-Heusler phase, Inorganic Chemistry, 49, 10536-10542, 2010.
5. D.B. Xiong, K. Yang, Y.F. Zhao, J. Ma: Interpenetrating icosahedra chains based zinc-rich ternary phases Ru4.0Sn2.9Zn11.6 and Ru3.0Sb0.97Zn11.0: synthesis, structures and physical properties, Dalton Transaction, 39, 8331–8338, 2010.