Name: Jun LI
Title: Associate Professor
Office: Room 308，Material Building B
Platform: Advanced Materials and Solidification
Dr. Jun Li received his Ph.D. from University of Leoben, Austria in 2013. He joined Shanghai Jiao Tong University in 2013 and is currently an Associate Professor at the School of Materials Science and Engineering at Shanghai Jiao Tong University. His main research directions are: 1) Numerical simulation of the solidification process; 2) Control of solidification (including quality control of traditional ingots and new functional materials). He has currently published more than 50 papers in well-known SCI journals such as Acta Materiali, Metall. Mater. Trans. A, J. Mater. Proc. Technol. etc,and obtained 4 authorized patents.
- 2020-present Associate Professor, School of Materials Science & Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- 2018-2019 Research Associate, the University of Leicester, UK
- 2014-2019 Lecturer. School of Materials Science & Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- 2010-2013 Ph.D. in Metallurgy, University of Leoben, Austria
- 2007-2009 M.S. in Materials Processing, Dalian University of Technology, China
2003-2007 B.S. in Materials Processing, Dalian University of Technology, China
- Multiphase/multi-physical field modelling on materials processing
- Defects modelling and control of metal materials
- Large ingot manufacture technology
- Materials and processing techniques for industrial
- Data driving defects prediction of metals
Magnetocaloric materials & Magnetic shape memory materials
Selected Publications1. ZN Zhou, H Akamine, J Li*, L Yang, T Higashizono, QD Hu, M Nishida,Tuning martensite transformation behavior and magneto-caloric effect in Ni44Mn36In14Co6 alloy through doping the fifth element Cu, Journal of Alloys and Compounds,2020, 817, 153150
2. L Yang, J Li*, Z Zhou, R Zhang, D Tu, Q Hu, H Dong, J Li, Direct formation of La (Fe, Si) 13 phase with enhanced mechanical property of off-stoichiometric La1. 7Fe11. 6Si1. 4 alloys by directional solidification, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 2020817, 152694
3. J Li, J Li, O Renk, R Pippan, P Ghosh, Effect of Heterophase Interfaces on Microstructure and Crystallographic Texture Evolution During Rolling of Directionally Solidified Ag-Cu Eutectic Alloy, Metall. Mater. Trans. A, 2020, 51 (1), 368-379
4. RY Zhang, HL Qin, ZN Bi, J Li, S Paul, TL Lee, SY Zhang, J Zhang, Evolution of Lattice Spacing of Gamma Double Prime Precipitates During Aging of Polycrystalline Ni-Base Superalloys: An In Situ Investigation, Metall. Mater. Trans. A, 2020, 51 (2), 574-585
5. RY Zhang, HL Qin, ZN Bi, J Li, S Paul, TL Lee, B Nenchev, J Zhang, Using Variant Selection to Facilitate Accurate Fitting of γ″ Peaks in Neutron Diffraction, Metall. Mater. Trans. A,2019, 50 (11), 5421-5432
6. Yongsheng Fu, Jun Li*, Jianguo Li, Photo-improved hydrogen evolution reaction activity of the Pt/CdS electrocatalyst, Prog. Nat. Sci.: Mater. Int., 2019, 29(4), 379
7. D Cai, F Ren, H Ge, HS Kim, J Li*, J Li, Modelling of Inclusion Effects on Macrosegregation in Solidifying Steel Ingot with a Multi-phase Approach, Metall. Mater. Trans. A, 2019, 50 (3), 1323-1332
8. Y Fu, J Li*, J Li, Metal/semiconductor nanocomposites for photocatalysis: fundamentals, structures, applications and properties, Nanomaterials,2019, 9 (3), 359
9. L Yang, Z Zhou, S Feng, J Li*, J Liu, J Li, Q Hu, J Li, Microstructure and magnetic property of LaFe11. 6Si1. 4 magnetocaloric alloys by a novel short time heat treatment, 2019, Intermetallics 105, 1-5
10. Y Ouyang, M Zhang, J Li, A Yan, J Liu, A high-throughput study of magnetocaloric materials: Gradient solidification applied to La-Fe-Si, 2019, Intermetallics 108, 100-108
11. Aucott, L., Li, J., Rack, A., & Dong, H. B. (2019, May). Solidification cracking during welding of steel: In situ X-ray observation. In IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering (Vol. 529, No. 1, p. 012026). IOP Publishing.
12. Allen, A., Douglas, A. C., Feitosa, L. M., Qian, H., Li, J., Dong, H. B., & Li, Y. (2019, May). Solidification of niobium-silicide-based alloys during laser additive manufacturing process. In IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering(Vol. 529, No. 1, p. 012006). IOP Publishing.
13. LI J., Xia M. X., Hu Q. D., Li J. G.*, Solutions in improving homogeneities of heavy ingots, Acta Metall. Sin., 2018, 54 (5), 773-788
14. F Ren, H Ge, D Cai, J Li*, Q Hu, M Xia, J G Li，Simulation of Macrosegregation and Shrinkage Cavity in an Al-4.5 Wt Pct Cu Ingot Using a Four-Phase Model, Metall. Mater. Trans. A, 2018 49 (12), 6243–6254
15. H Ge, F Ren, D Cai, J Hao, J. Li*, J G Li, Gradual-cooling solidification approach to alleviate macrosegregation in large steel ingots, J. Mater. Proc. Technol., 2018, 262, 232-238
16. Z. N. Zhou, L. Yang, R. C. Li, J. Li*, Q. D. Hu, J. G. Li, Martensite transformation, mechanical properties and shape memory effects of Ni-Mn-In-Mg shape memory alloys, Prog. Nat. Sci.: Mater. Int., 2018, 1, 60-65,
17. LI J.*, WANG J., REN F. L., GE H. H., HU Q. D., XIA M. X., LI J. G., Experimental and numerical simulation study on layer casting method for composition homogeneity on ingot casting, Acta Metall. Sin., 2018, 1, 118-128,
18. H. Ge, F. Ren, J. Li*, Q. Hu, M. Xia, J. G. Li, Modelling of ingot size effects on macrosegregation in steel castings, J. Mater. Proc. Technol., 2018, 252,362-369
19. ZN Zhou, L. Yang, RC Li, J. Li*, QD Hu, JG Li, Martensitic transformations and kinetics in Ni-Mn-In-Mg shape memory alloys, Intermetallics, 2018, 92, 49-54
20. Mingqin Xu, Lu Wang, Wenquan Lu, Long Zeng, Hari-Babu Nadendla, Yun Wang, Jun Li, Qiaodan Hu, Mingxu Xia, Jianguo Li, The Nucleation Potency of In Situ-Formed Oxides in Liquid Iron, Metall. Mater. Trans. A,2018, 49 (5), 1762-1769
21. Liu J., Li J., Hage F.S., Li J.*, Ramasse Q., Schumacher P., Correlative characterization on microstructure evolution of Ni-based K403 alloy during thermal exposure, Acta Mater., 2017, 131, 169-186
22. Q. Hu, Z. Zhou, L. Yang, Y. Huang, J. Li*, J. G. Li, On the Driving Forces of Magnetically Induced Martensitic Transformation in Directionally Solidified Polycrystalline Ni-Mn-In Meta-Magnetic Shape Memory Alloy with Structural Anisotropy, Metall. Mater. Trans. A, 2017, 48(11), 5480–5491
23. Yang L., Zhou Z., Qian J., Ge X. Li J.*, Hu Q., Li J. G., Peritectic Solidification Path of the La(Fe,Si)13 Phase in Dual-Phase Directionally Solidified La-Fe-Si Magnetocaloric Alloys, Metall. Mater. Trans. A, 2017, 48(9), 4229-4236
24. Ren F.L., Wang J.G., Ge H.H., Li J.*, Xia M.X., Li J.G., A Homogeneous Billet Layer Casting Fabrication Method, Metall. Mater. Trans. A, 2017, 48 (10), 4453-4457
25. Ge H., Ren F., Li J.*, Han X., Xia M., Li J. G., Four-Phase Dendritic Model for the Prediction of Macrosegregation, Shrinkage Cavity, and Porosity in a 55-Ton Ingot, Metall. Mater. Trans. A, 2017,48(3),1139-1150
26. Hu Q., Yang L., Zhou Z., Huang Y., Li J.*, Li J. G. Orientation relationship between magnetic domains and twins in Ni52Fe17Ga27Co4, magnetic shape memory alloy, Metall. Mater. Trans. A, 2017, 48(6), 2675-2681.
27. Fu Y. S., Zhang W., Xu X., Li J. *, Li J., Xia M., J. G. Li, A novel heat treatment process for surface hardening of steel: metal melt surface hardening, Metall. Mater. Trans. A, 2017, 48(9), 3975-3979.
28. Zhou Z. N., Yang L., Wang J. G., Jin T., Huang Y., Li J. *, Hu Q., Li J. G., Internal friction behaviors of ni-mn-in magnetic shape memory alloy with two-step structural transformation, Prog. Nat. Sci.: Mater. Int., 2017, 27(3), 356
29. YW Luan, CH Li, D. Zhang, J. Li, XJ Han*, JG Li, Plastic deformation mechanisms and size effect of Cu 50 Zr 50/Cu amorphous/crystalline nanolaminate: A molecular dynamics study, Comp. Mater. Sci., 2017, 129, 137-146
30. Li J., Ge H., Wu M.*, Ludwig A., Li J. G., A columnar & non-globular equiaxed mixed three-phase model based on thermosolutal convection and grain movement, Acta Metall. Sin. 2016, 52(9), 1096-1104
31. Ge H., Li J.*, Han X., Xia M., Li J. G., Dendritic model for macrosegregation prediction of large scale castings, J. Mater. Proc. Technol., 2016, 227,308-317
32. J Li, H Ge, B Wang, M Wu, J Li, Numerical simulation of multi-mini-pot pouring process of a 13-ton steel ingot, IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 2015 84 (1), 012009
33. J. Li, M. Wu*, A. Ludwig, A. Kharicha, Simulation of macrosegregation in a 2.45-ton steel ingot using a three-phase mixed columnar-equiaxed model, Int. J. Heat and Mass Transfer, 2014, 72, 669-679
34. J. Li, Wu M., Ludwig A., Kharicha A., Prediction of macrosegregation in steel ingot using a simplified denderitic model, Mater. Sci. Forum, 2014, 790, 121-126
35. M Wu, J. Li, A Ludwig, A Kharicha, Modeling diffusion-governed solidification of ternary alloys–Part 2: Macroscopic transport phenomena and macrosegregation, Comp. Mater. Sci.,2014, 92, 267-285
36. M. Wu, J. Li, A. Ludwig, A. Kharicha, Modeling diffusion-governed solidification of ternary alloy – Part I: coupling solidification kinetics with thermodynamics, Comp. Mater. Sci., vol. 79 (2013) 830-840
37. M Wu, J Li, A Kharicha, A Ludwig, Using a three-phase mixed columnar-equiaxed solidification model to study macrosegregation in ingot castings: perspectives and limitations, Proceedings of the 2013 International Symposium on Liquid Metal Processing
38. J. Li, M. Wu*, J. Hao, A. Ludwig, Simulation of channel segregation using a two-phase columnar solidification model – Part I: Model description and verification, Comp. Mater. Sci.,, 2012, 55, 407-418.
39. J. Li, M. Wu*, J. Hao, A. Kharicha, A. Ludwig, Simulation of channel segregation using a two-phase columnar solidification model – Part II: Mechanism and parameter study, Comp. Mater. Sci.,, 2012, 55, 419-429.
40. J Li, M Wu, J Hao, A Ludwig, Study of the channel segregation using a two-phase columnar solidification model, J Li, M Wu, J Hao, A Ludwig, IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering 2012 27 (1), 012055
41. Li, J., Wu, M., Ludwig, A., & Kharicha, A. (2012). Modelling macrosegregation in a 2.45 ton steel ingot. In IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering (Vol. 33, No. 1, p. 012091). IOP Publishing.
42. M. Sha, T. Wang, J. Li, T. Li, J. Jin, Numerical simulation of horizontal continuous casting process of round copper billet with electromagnetic stirring, Int. J. Cast Metals Res.,2011, 24 (3-4), 197-202
43. J. Li, T. Wang, Z. Yan, S. Cai, Y. Du, Z. Chen, Z. Cao, T. Li, Simulation study on horizontal continuous casting process of copper hollow billet under rotating electromagnetic stirring Part 2—effects of electromagnetic and casting, Mater. Sci. Technol., 2011, 27 (3), 684-692
44. J. Li, T. Wang, J. Xu, Z. Yan, J. Sun, J. Xu, Z. Cao, T. Li, Simulation study on horizontal continuous casting process of copper hollow billet under rotating electromagnetic stirring Part 1—model description and primary results, Mater. Sci. Technol., 2011, 27 (3), 676-683
45. T. Wang, J. Li, Y. Du, Z. Yan, J. Sun, T. Li, Study on continuous casting of cladding aluminium alloys with electromagnetic brake, Mater. Res. Innov., 2010, 14 (4), 271-276
46. T. Wang, J. Xu, T. Xiao, H. Xie, J. Li, T. Li, Z. Cao, Evolution of dendrite morphology of a binary alloy under an applied electric current: An in situ observation, Phys. Rev. E, 2010, 81 (4), 042601
Research ProjectsNational Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant Nos. 91860121, U1660203, 51534005 and 51404152);
National Key Research and Development Program of China (Grant No. 2016YFB0701204);
Shanghai Science and Technology Committee, International Research Collaboration, (Grant No. 14140711000) ;
Shanghai Pujiang Program (14PJ1404800);
Industrial collaboration projects with Baosteel, Shanghai Electric Heavy Industry Group, etc.
Honors & Awards
SMC-Morning star excellent young teacher award of SJTU, 2018
Excellent class adviser of SJTU, 2016
Shanghai Pujiang Talent, 2014