Name: Kai FENG
Title: Associate Professor
Office: Room 202B，Material Building E
Platform: Welding and Laser Processing Institute
PVD and Ion Beam Technology; Thin Film; Electrochemistry and Corrosion; Laser Welding and Cladding
2002.9-2006.9 Metallurgical Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology, Bachelor
2006.9-2012.3 Materials Science & Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Ph.D.
2009.8-2011.2 Department of Physics & Materials Science, City University of Hong Kong, Research Assistant
2012.11---School of Materials Science & Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Lecturer
Laser additive manufacturing; Laser cladding; High/Medium entropy alloy
1. K. Feng, Z. Li, H. Sun, L. Yu, X. Cai, Y. Wu, P.K. Chu, C/CrN multilayer coating for polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cell metallic bipolar plates, Journal of Power Sources 222 (2013) 351.
2. K. Feng, T. Hu, X. Cai, Z. Li, P.K. Chu, Ex Situ and In Situ Evaluation of Carbon Ion-implanted Stainless Steel Bipolar Plates in Polymer Electrolyte Membrane Fuel Cells, Journal of Power Sources, 199 (2012) 207.
3. K. Feng, X. Cai, Z. Li, P.K. Chu, Improved Corrosion Resistance of Stainless Steel 316L by Ti Ion Implantation, Materials Letters 68 (2012) 450.
4. K. Feng, D.T.K. Kwok, D. Liu, Z. Li, X. Cai, P.K. Chu, Nitrogen plasma-implanted titanium as bipolar plates in polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cells, Journal of Power Sources, 195 (2010) 6798.
5. K. Feng, Y. Shen, D. Liu, P.K. Chu, X. Cai, Ni-Cr co-implanted 316L stainless steel as bipolar plate in polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cells, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 35 (2010) 690.
6. K. Feng, Y. Shen, H. Sun, D. Liu, Q. An, X. Cai, P.K. Chu, Conductive amorphous carbon coated stainless steel as a bipolar plate for polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cell, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 34 (2009) 6771.
7. K. Feng, Y. Shen, J. Mai, D. Liu, X. Cai, An investigation into nickel implanted 316L stainless steel as a bipolar plate for PEM fuel cell, Journal of Power Sources, 182 (2008) 145.
8. W. Jin, K. Feng, Z. Li, X. Cai, L. Yu, D. Zhou, Improvement of corrosion resistance and electrical conductivity of 304 stainless steel by close field unbalanced magnetron sputtered carbon film, Journal of Power Sources 196 (2011) 10032.
9. G.S Wu, K. Feng, A. Shanaghi, Y. Zhao, R.Z. Xu, G.Y. Yuan, P.K. Chu, Effects of surface alloying on electrochemical corrosion behavior of oxygen-plasma-modified biomedical magnesium alloy, Surface and Coatings Technology 206 (2012) 3186.
10. W. Jin, K. Feng, Z. Li, X. Cai, L. Yu, D. Zhou, P.K. Chu, Properties of carbon film deposited on stainless steel by close field unbalanced magnetron sputter ion plating, Thin Solid Films 531(2013)320.
Honors & Awards
Shanghai “Chenguang” scholar
“Chenxing” scholar (Class B)
Outstanding Young Scholar of Ph.D. Student
Outstanding Ph.D. Graduate of Shanghai